485 inquiry on Ac-21

montywig

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

Recently I changed my employer on AC-21 and now I have got an inquiry from INS saying..

"Submit a currently dated letter from your prospective permanent employer describing your present job duties and position in the organization, your preferred position (if differnet from your current one) and the offered salary. The letter should be in original and signed by an executive or officer of the organization who is authorized to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment. The letter must also indicate whether the terms and conditions of your employment-based visa petition continue to exist."

The above are the exact words in the inquiry and I am wondering if any one else has got the same..?

I understand the offer letter but didn't get the last line "Terms and condition of your employment-based visa petition continue to exist"...!!!

Does any one know what that means is..?

Thanks
-Monty

hi Monty,
I'm in a similar situation. I changed my employer too. I called USCIS and informed them about the change. They said I don't have to do anything since it is past 180 days from I 485 filing.
Now I got an RFE similar to yours. This is just an enquiry to confirm you are working. You just have to send a letter to USCIS that you are still working, your employer should give documentation to support your statement ( the attorneys have a format for that) and copies of your paystubs for the last 2 months.
this is what I am doing.
GoodLuck,
Sindhuja

Hi Sindhuja,

Thanks for the response. I am not working with an attorney and was wondering if you have the format of the letter that needs to be sent as REF letter..?

And what about the last item in the inquiry..?

"The letter must also indicate whether the terms and conditions of your employment-based visa petition continue to exist."

Thanks
-Monty