485 Inquiry, Birth Certificate

memorex

Registered Users (C)
RD 9/30/01
ND 11/26/01

I got an inquiry regarding my birth certificate. INS wanted the translated version of my birth certificate. I think, they thought that my birthcertificate latter is a translation to English my from native language. My wife birth certificate is obtained from the Municipal Corporation (In English) and mine was obtained from the hospital where I borned(English). Now we have submitted my miniciple corporation birthcertificate last week to INS. Any suggstion or similar experience? Please advise.

Thanks,

Memorex

hI,
Well, I too got an RFE on Birth Certicate for me amd my daughter and marrage certificate for my wife.
All these documnets are originally in English.
They want the copy of Original Foreign Language Birth/marriage certificate (The officer thought that these are translations).

My Lawyer has replied back that these are originals and refferred to Foreign Policy Manual which states that English is the official language of Indian Govt.
RD 09/25/01.
RFE issues on 10/04/02
RFE reply recd. on 10/23/02

Lets see what happens.
Any inputs...

Thanks

For Wife :-
Original BC is in Hindi. Submitted translated English BC. I am not sure if my Lawyer submitted a copy of the original Hindi BC. Is that an issue, guys?

For me :-
I do not have original BC nor is there any official record of my birth. Submitted 2 affidavits (from elder sis and uncle) stating details of my birth. INS also needs letter from Birth Registrar/Muncipality of place of birth that birth was not registered and hence BC is not available. In my case it was not possible to go to my birth place to get the letter. Instead I submitted a letter from NY Indian Consulate stating that prior to 1969 birth registration was not compulsory and hence BC for such cases are not available. Some kind of a blanket protection. I hope INS understands the issues. To be on the conservative side, I am expecting an RFE on this issue. The problem is that my dad was posted for a very short time in Mathura, where I was born. Thereafter we have had no connections to that place. I am trying to get the letter from Mathura Birth Registrars office but no luck as of yet. ANYBODY FROM/CONNECTIONS IN MATHURA ON THIS BOARD CAN HELP ME OUT???

A Problem

I think Mathura is in UP.. Oh well U.P. , Bihar whatever,
Only Lord Krishna can help You...
Or a wad of Money will make wonders happen; Since you case is for U S Perm Residence, you better havea wad of US Dollars ready, once those corrupt scoundrels smell the Us connection they demand Dollars.
My friend was from Lucknow and he had to spend 2 weeks there spending US Dollars to get his non tracable certificate.

viraus, I do not mind spending $$ for the letter

but I do not know anybody there to get it done now. Sending my bro or sis there will be my last option. If I get RFE then I plan to got there in person or send some relative.

Suggstion

The direct approach will work; all you have to do is go to the Registrar Office just before closing time.
Contact the Registrar and explain the problem; give him a few minutes to explain his Problems; Take him out for an expensive dinner and drinks. At this point ask him how much it will cost??
Your deal will be made..
Only trouble is having to go to that place and spend time with such scumbags..
All the Best

Can somebody tell me what is the time limit in RFE?

We are planning to go to India soon and use AP on our return and want to leave all papers with a friend in case a RFE is issued.

We are assuming that if approval is done or one/both of us are called for interview than it has 40-60 days time , which can be rescheduled.

Any comments?

thx

I recently recvd RFE on BOD. My Bod certificare was issued recently and date of registration is of recent. INS is requesting for secondary evidence which can be effidavits from parents.

As I already sent my Municipal BOD cetificate what format should I have to follow to get my parents affidavits. Non availability cannot be a reason for my affidavits.

Has anyone faced similar issue or RFE.

Please respond.

Thanks

Merc !! I am in same boat too...

My BC was registered last yr and INS sent RFE requesting 2 signed affidavits.
RFE recd 10/21
Sent : 11/06

What are ur details .. Have u recd approval....