485 help.

pooldeewana

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1B with Company B, where my Labor Certification has been stuck within DoL since July 2001, and presently in my seventh year extention. Before joing Company B, I was with Company A, where I had my LC and I140 cleared. Now I have couple of questions around it.
- Company A now is ready to file a H1 for me, and would like to join them. Can I join them part time.
- If I join part time, do I need to inform company B, about it, that I have joined company A.
- Company A will file an 485 for me, do I have to join them after my 485 is processed.
Also can anyone identify any other issues, if I plan not to leave Company B.

Quick reply world be appreciated.
Thanks,
- Ashok

pooldeewana said:
I am on H1B with Company B, where my Labor Certification has been stuck within DoL since July 2001, and presently in my seventh year extention. Before joing Company B, I was with Company A, where I had my LC and I140 cleared. Now I have couple of questions around it.
- Company A now is ready to file a H1 for me, and would like to join them. Can I join them part time.
------------------------- you can and will need part time H1 for A
- If I join part time, do I need to inform company B, about it, that I have joined company A.
-------------------------- you can, no harm in it
- Company A will file an 485 for me, do I have to join them after my 485 is processed.
------------------------- I-485 is your petition, if I-140 was approved for A (and I-140 is not revoked and LC not used for other person) you or your employer a can file I-485.after filing I-485 you can join employer A or after I-485 you can join employer A or you can use AC21 after your I-485 is pending more than 180 days. Remember for I-485 approval you need permanent job offer and if case is trasfred to local USCIS they may ask you to submit recent pay stubs or W-2 for last 3 years. why not to join A on H1 now?????
Also can anyone identify any other issues, if I plan not to leave Company B.

Quick reply world be appreciated.
Thanks,
- Ashok

Thx Ginnu.

Well Company B is a well known reputed company and have lot of equity built into it. Company A is a small time consulting company, who filed for my GC at peak of the internet boom.
Now Company A which is consulting co wants me to join them to have the final stage processed. So can I join them Part time without letting Company B know that I have joined Company A, while continung at Company B.

Thanks,
- Ashok