485-FP-Medical Situation: need advice

thewebman2002

Registered Users (C)
All,

I am based out of NJ and here is the situation:

1) 140 has been approved & 485 applied
2) Got the Code 3 Biomatrix notice that I will be going for next week
3) Since the notice came so quickly, I havent had a chance to get my medical done.

With the above information, how much time do I have to get my medical done and sent and what is likely to happen:

1) Would an RFE be sent for the application since the medical information is lacking?
or
2) Would the application be sent to the local office?

If it is indeed sent to the local office, what would that entail (I have heard that the wait is substantially more). What steps should I be taking to avoid complications and delays?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi msstl,

The 485 application is complete and was submitted except for the medical examination. I will be doing my medical examination very soon and it would be sent as an addednum. So, the medical examination is not for the FP process. My question is: as soon as FP is done, USCIS might start processing the 485 application and since the medical exam has not been sent to them yet, what problem(s) would it pose? Whether an RFE would be generated? or would the application be sent to the local INS office? if it is sent to the local INS office, what problems might occur?

Thanks again!

It might take some time for them to receive the FP results. If they process your application and medical are missing, they will send you an RFE to submit the medical. It is very unlikely that your case will be transferred to local INS office, just because of missing medical.
I suggest, you send the medical at the earliest possible convinent time.

Hope this helps

webman,

i've experience the same thing, i filed our i-485 w/o medical, so we receive a rfe for medical!!

i don't suggest sending the medical without the rfe, it might be misplaced, i'll wait till they sent u rfe, that way u can make sure it will be with ur file!!

just my 2 cents..... ;)

I agree with withwhrismygc, I would send the medical with the RFE. If you send it without one it has slim chances to be linked to your file I believe. I would'nt anticipate any other problems just because of a missing medical.