485 form questions

xihongshi

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I have a few questions regarding filling the I485-series forms and hope you can help me.

1. What is "File number A" in G325A? Is it the A-number?
2. I131, part3 regarding date of intended departure and expected length of trip, I don't know - since I apply for I131 just in case for extreme case and I don't intend to leave the US before I485 is approved. Can I say "to be determined"?
3. I131, part7, one or multiple trips, what's the difference between these two? Why not simply choose multiple?

I appreciate your kind help!

X.

Following are the answers of your questions:

1: Yes, it is A file number, which you don't have as of now, so put "N/A" where ever it is mentioned and in any form.

2: You can give any estimated date. For example you can add four months time from the date you are expecting to file your case. Regarding Length of stay, give a minimum time period, so that you wouldn't boud by giving a fix number. For example, you can say that "At least 3 weeks" instead of saying 2 months.

3: Pur Multiple visits instead of Single visit. Using multiple visits you can use the same AP multiple times in a year.

Hope this will help.

I was told in my lawyer's documentation that F1 OPT is not A number - I am nto sure if its related.