485 filed in March

jsram

Registered Users (C)
Well, I have\'nt heard anything about my 485 application other than 365 - 540 days message. Last time I spoke to IIO she said my case had not yet been assigned to an officer. My EAD expires in April, I am going to apply for EAD renewal ASAP and see if that gets em to open my file and adjudicate.
jsram
EB2 India, PD 11/99, RD 3/13/01, ND 3/19/01, AD after apply for EAD??

When did you speak to the IIO

If it was in mid-Dec 2001,the std reply was "wait for 1-2 months" although a few were approved in Dec end.It is always safer to apply for the EAD 90 days before it expires.

No Title

I have almost the same dates as jsram. I too have to reapply my EAD which expires around April end. Does applying for the EAD now help expedite the 485 approval process? Can you please tell us why you think doing so will make the officer open up your case?

Sam11, are you suggesting that one should not apply for the EAD before 90 days of expiration of the existing EAD?
Thanks

Renewal of EAD

Chapdin,
One should apply for renewal of EAD before 90 days .. in case it gets delayed you can always get an interim EAD at local INS center ..My EAD expires in 1st week of APril and I already got mine reviewed and got the card as well. However the AVM still says case received blah blah ..
Hope this helps

Chapdin- Yes to your question!Apply 90 days before expiry.

Yes you should apply 90 days before the expiry of your EAD.Applying for the EAD,AP sometimes expedites your I485 process,when they open your I485 file and wonder why it has not been processesed.
That is a long shot !!

EAD

I last spoke to IIO in the last week of December and was told it will take another 30 days. Sounded to me like a standard answer. When you apply for EAD renewal INS has to look up the pending 485 file, if factors are favourable(like PD being current, INS currently processing 3/15 cases) and our dates are close to their processing dates INS prefers to approve the 485 rather than renew the EAD. I have seen several cases like these. In spatel9\'s case he might have applied for EAD renewal when they were processing Feb cases, I\'m guessing. INS prefers to have 90 days for processing EAD renewal so anything > 90 but not too much is ok.
jsram
EB2 India, PD 11/99, RD 3/13/2001, ND 3/19/2001, AD ??

No Title

thanks to all of you for the helpful information.

Hope we all hear soon. Any idea what is going on with the latter part of Mar?

jsram

My attorney said that I apply for EAD renewal preferably before 120 days of expiry date .. I went ahead and applied for EAD,AP and got them both. My question is will this delay my 485 processing since I already have my EAD and AP renewed ..
Any suggestions ..

My Details

PD 3/00
RD 3/7/01
ND 3/14/01
EB2 VSC
AVM - Case received blah blah ...

spatel9

Your attorney sounds like a proactive one, good for you. While I would\'nt say "delay", the fact that you already have EAD/AP certainly does\'nt give them any incentive to go back to your file until they are able to get to it in the normal course and who knows where they are right now. All this is logical conjecture and there is no reason for anybody to be discouraged, you may get it sonner than we think.
jsram

Just spoke to an IIO

My RD&ND are 3/20. I140 approved for CP but my file never went to India. I just talked to an IIO and she told me my case was assigned to an officer Jan 2nd. She told me sit tight and expect a resolution in 30 to 60 days.

What do you guys think? I am planning to go out of the country in Feb. Any chance I can get it earlier.

Thanx

Case details RD 3/13 and ND 3/20

I spoke with IIO on last friday, She said not yet assined to an officer and they are processing ND of 3/15. She asked me to apply for EAD.

chapdin, gist other March-01 filers

Any updates lately ..looks like VSC is slowed down .. One of my friend got his approval RD 3/2 ND 3/10 ..

EAD may open your file

RD 03/08/01 ND 03/15/01 . EAD expiring on 04/03/02. Lawyer applied the renewal , both for EAD and AP on 12/5/01. AP approved on 12/31/01. For EAD renewal , lawyer received a mail yesterday from INS about my residence address.

March RD, are you guys on immitracker.com? If not ,please post your details on their website

Question to Cowboy....

Cowboy--My ND:3/12/01 and anxiously waiting for approval. I don\'t have valid H-1B right now and working on EAD which will be expired on 03-29-02. Do you think I have to renew my EAD right now ? Initially I thought I might have got approval in January...

There are few Mar-01 case approved since 1/1/02, what\'s going on VSC???

I did apply for renewal of my EAD...

Ofcourse I have a valid (until April) H1 too... and first EAD is valid until Mid April...

case assigned to officer

RD 2/28
ND 3/8
FP 8/9

EAC 01-121-xxxxx

Talked to an IIO and she said that the case was assigned to an office on Monday and I should hear something within 30 days.