485 Filed in Jan 2003 for my wife - no progress please help

Jan15

Registered Users (C)
485 Filed in Jan 2003 for my wife

I filed for 485 for my wife in Jan 2003. My application was around 10 months back and I got approval quite some time back. I am still waiting for some prorgess on my wife's case. her case update on the web site still reads.

"On April 2, 2003, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review"

We called the INS customer service a week back and they took our information and suggested that we wait for a month and if there is no progress we should call them back .

I am worried because the 485 processing dates have moved to July 2003 pretty fast and donot know what is happening to my wife's case.

Anyone sailing on the same boat. please suggest if we need to do anything.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the processing dates have moved to July 03, you have every right to call to expedite the case. Call them up, send letters, contact senators...etc.

I am also in a similar situation, but my wife's RD is in August 03. She never had an FP even. My case was approved sometime back. Seems the dates retrogression is going to be a headache for us.

Jan15 said:
I filed for 485 for my wife in Jan 2003. My application was around 10 months back and I got approval quite some time back. I am still waiting for some prorgess on my wife's case. her case update on the web site still reads.

"On April 2, 2003, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review"

We called the INS customer service a week back and they took our information and suggested that we wait for a month and if there is no progress we should call them back .

I am worried because the 485 processing dates have moved to July 2003 pretty fast and donot know what is happening to my wife's case.

Anyone sailing on the same boat. please suggest if we need to do anything.

Thanks

DUDE.....look at my signature...chill out.....and where did you see Vermont dates moved to July !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangetreats said:
DUDE.....look at my signature...chill out.....and where did you see Vermont dates moved to July !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange...I guess Jan15 can show some concerns here, bcoz his RD is in Jan 03 as opposed to yours in Aug 03.
As far as Vermont dates are concerned...yeah it is June 03 and not July 03.

pv1976 said:
Orange...I guess Jan15 can show some concerns here, bcoz his RD is in Jan 03 as opposed to yours in Aug 03.
As far as Vermont dates are concerned...yeah it is June 03 and not July 03.

My point was that .... he has been approved !!!!!!! I guess its his spuse case that he is waiting.... So dont understand why the panic....!!!! Just a matter of time till he gets his spouse approval :)

Thanks for all your help. You are right My case has been approved. it is just a matter of time they will get to my wife's case.

my concern is that my wife's case is a derivate of my case, and ideally couple's file for 485 at the same time. In my case I added my wife after 10 months of filing my 485. now I have been approved and waiting for my wife to be approved.

Right now my wife does not have any AP for travelling and we are hoping she would get a call for passport stamping after which we can travel.

any one else with the same situation, please share any details if you can.

Thanks very much

Waiting for husband's 485 approval

My case is kind of similar. In my case I am the primary and my husband is the dependent. We filed together in Jan 03. My 485 was approved November 9th and I got my Passport stamped earlier this month. Still waiting for my husband's approval. We will be sending a letter to INS to expedite his case.
My husband spoke to someone at vermon and they told us to sit tight for a month. It is almost a mont and nothing has happenned, so he is going to call again tomorrow and ask if his name check and all that went through.

This is such pain. We filed everyting together EAD/AP/FP but for some reason his 485 is being delayed.

Wifes case, waiting for approval, 2nd fp done, now what ?

We had some progress, i.e. my wife was called for a second finger printing on june 28 2005. Now what will happen next.

I have heard that after 2nd finger printing pass port stamping is almost immediate withen 10 days, they update the web site and giving you a notice to come for stamping .. is that true ??

Also, is it true that 485 approvals for the eb3 category will NOT happen until October of this year, until new numbers are realeased ?? this is very confusing. I hope that is wrong news ??

My wife's EAD is expiring in a month, should I apply for a renewal, or just wait for the green card approval, she is anyways not working, but we need to plan to go to India by the end of the year, should I apply for a advance payroll or wait to hear from the INS.

What should we do ? I have to many questions, it has been 2.5 years since she filled for 485 as a dependant on my 485 application. I was approved more than a year back. Is such a big gap between my approval and her approval a normal gap.

Also she did not recievd any RFE, but she got a 2 nd finger printing notice which she went for more than a week back, still no update on web site ??

What are the chances of any RFE, her case is pretty simple, she falls under the derivative adjustment. she should not have any RFE about her employment as such ?

What should I do please any suggestions/advice will surely help .

Thanks
Jan 15 2003

Last edited by a moderator: