485/EAD @ Boston INS?

Hi fellas

My I-140 got approved and am afraid of a lay off any time now.
Can I file my 485/EAD @ local INS Boston office and get EAD same day instead of filing at Vermont and waiting couple of months ??
Appreciate input....Thanx

you have to file 485 at VSC and can walk-in for EAD & AP at Boston once you have receipt for 485

I have filed my case at VSC and upon receiving the receipt notice, i walked-in to Boston office and get EAD on the same day - no question asked. I got EAD for my wife too. Yesterday, We got renewed too. NO PROBLEM AT ALL. GOOD LCUK!!

Long_way

Do you live in Boston Area. Can somebody from Baltimore go and apply for EAD at Boston Office.

Yes, I am in boston area.

As far as I know, Boston District office processes EAD and AP applications for person residing in Boston region, but you can double check on website if any information is listed there. As Baltimore office processes most of the 485 cases (it seems VSC transferring most of the cases of Baltimore area to Local INS office at Baltimore)it is most likely that Baltimore will process EAD too (this is abolutely my guess). For Boston District Office I used to visit http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/fieldoffices/boston/aboutus.htm
You may find similar for Baltimore office and can digout more info.

My friend filed 485 at Boston Office

One of my friend has applied to 485 at Boston Office personally(In Family Category) and he got EAD immediately. I don\'t know about Employement base category.

Why do you need EAD?

Hi, long_way:

I got I-485 receipt recently and I live in Boston area. My visa status
is H1 now, do I need apply for EAD?
It seems like if I have EAD, my I-485 process will be fast? Thanks

i don\'t think so..

I don\'t think so that having EAD will expedite process of I485. But it seems on this discussion board that sometimes it triggers to assign case to IIO (if VSC processes the date of your ND) if you apply for EAD at VSC. If you are have just submitted your 485 application then i don\'t think that it will expedite process. Having H1 you are not required to have EAD. Hope this info. will helps.

long_way...need your expertise..

My lawyer just told me that normally the local INS won\'t issue AP unless it\'s emergency. If it\'s true, I might consider filing AP along with I485 and go to Boston INS for EAD.