485 denied, what can be done?

hassoon

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Does any one know what can be done and what would be the status of a person whoes 485 application is denied and does not have other status?

Don't lose heart...

If you have a genuine explaination then you should be able to appeal. It takes time however.

My 485 was denied when INS thought that I already had a greencard. My lawyer appealed that decision showing the documents that I had turned in my older expired Greencard in lieu of a F1 and that I am eligible for another greencard.

1 year after the appeal my appeal was accepted and my case is back into reprocessing.

However, this has meant that my case is taking lot longer than what I had originally thought.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a hypothetical situation for the original poster.

Please post your specific concerns like why you think you would be denied. If it is just an overall fear then check the link posted by tasse.

Well, I have my own fears of being denied.

When I started my employment in 97, I was a Programmer / Analyst & LC was approved accordingly. Now after 6 years, I am Senior Business Consultant / Proj Manager and no resemblance to the work I was doing as Programmer / Analyst.

I am yet to get an RFE but hoping to word-smith the EVL and cross my fingers.

Any suggesstions would highly appriciated.

lareds,

7 years is hellva long time! You CANNOT reasonably expect someone to remain at the same job level for ever. There is going to be logical progression in your job profile, and that is expected and accepted.

Like you mentioned - wordsmith your EVL! :) It isn't as much what you do, as compared to what you say you do. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

You have due cause to rise up the ladder. I would keep the title as Senior Business Consultant and drop the project management title. A Senior Business consultant' duties include programming, AS well as managing people. It is a logical progression from Sr. Software Analyst, which is a progression from Analyst.

Good luck with the RFE, if/when it comes. I am sure you will get through without a problem.

Lareds,

I do understand your concern. I know someone :) who filed as software engineer and got his GC when he was a director.

You just need to have your HR send EVL as per labour petition. If you have that good will in the company, then you are set

Nothing to worry.

Good Luck

Regards,
Ram

Originally posted by Ram_CSC
Lareds,

I do understand your concern. I know someone :) who filed as software engineer and got his GC when he was a director.

You just need to have your HR send EVL as per labour petition. If you have that good will in the company, then you are set

Nothing to worry.

Good Luck

Regards,
Ram

Thanks I140 & Ram. I appreciate your input.

I work for 150,000+ employee company and I dont think they would ever accommodate this (giving EVL as per LC). The only choice I have, as I140 suggested, is to justify this as logical progression from LC approved position to current position.

I am surprised this is not one of the hot issues given the delays in GC approvals.