485 Denied, MTR Filed, EAD Apply

desiladka

Registered Users (C)
Read my Signature.

I applied for EAD just 2 days back. Do you guys think they will approve my EAD or they will deny it. My current EAD expires on July 10. I just want to make sure I get a new EAD on time.

Thanks

desiladka said:
Read my Signature.

I applied for EAD just 2 days back. Do you guys think they will approve my EAD or they will deny it. My current EAD expires on July 10. I just want to make sure I get a new EAD on time.

Thanks
Since 485 is denied, they may deny the EAD. You should have waited for the 485 to reopen.

Depends on the Officer.

Also the basis for the denial, the type of motion filed (motion /appeal/judicial review).

Dear Desiladka or anyone

I received the I-485 denial letter from INS. Very very deepressed. Do you know What is the fee of of filing 290A and 290B?
Can I file MTR on my own?

srbose said:
I received the I-485 denial letter from INS. Very very deepressed. Do you know What is the fee of of filing 290A and 290B?

Sorry to hear that. dont give up. Fee will be 110 per person. I was in same situation and was denied becuase of my attorny mistake in filing. but we filed MTR and got approved in 3 weeks. Good luck

Mtr...

To srbose,
sorry to hear ur denial....iam in the same situation like u....I have applied for MTR ,got reopened and waiting for the result....
-Like KAMVP said the fees is $110 for each person
-Not sure whether u can do by urself...in MTR u have to provide strong evidence to reconsider ur case again.....may be when u know the reason for denial u can get the points from Guru's in this board and file....its upto u.....
-U have to file within 30 days from the day of denial....
sometimes we become victims of USCIS and lawyers....
But don't lose ur hope...try ur best till last....
Iam doing the same.

u can get many more good suggestions from exp. people in ths forum.

thanks and good luck
banama.

srbose said:

Our best wishes are with you. We pray that you get approved soon.

I am grateful to All

I really appreciate your reply, my H1 is ending on Sep. 14, 05.
I know even if I file MTR, I will be denied again as my I-140 is revoked
by my previous employer before I filed my I-485 from current employer who is holding my H1B. Packing up for Sep. 14, 05.This forum is really great
because of its member.God bless you all for your help

TO Dazzing

dazzling said:
Since 485 is denied, they may deny the EAD. You should have waited for the 485 to reopen.

IF I would wait for 485 to reopen, I would not get EAD on time and I would loose my current job. I just took a chance that by the time they start processing my EAD my case would be reopened and they would approve it.

Somebody please tell me I did the right thing.

Thanks

TO srbose

srbose said:

I understand your situation totally. But please dont be depressed. Being depressed the last thing you want to do at this point. Try to focus on what you can do about this then being worried about what has happened and what worse could happen. Just dont think about all the negative things. Do your best on what you could do about it and do pray a lot.

I and a lot of members in the group will pray for you too. Trust me it helps.

About your question which already people answered. It is 110$ to fiel a MTR. I would request not to file it by yourself if money is not a very BIG issue.

Feel free to contact me privately if you want to talk.

Want GC Soon said:
What is the reason for 485 denial. Have they stated in the letter. Please let us know.

Its impoossible for me to state exactly on what is the reason for denail. Its too complicated. But I will try my best to descirbe it in the following:

Came to USA on Business visas. Changed my status to company A to H1B visas. after 1 1/2 company B applied for my labour processing. Labor got approved and found out that we all made mistake in the labor documents. It showed that I have been always worked for Company B and not company A which was not true. I never had H1 visas with company B ( green card sponsoring company)

So USCIS thought that I have been working for Company B until for a long time which as illegal employment. That the reason for denial. But as I said earlier, I have not been able to decribe it in detail.

Thanks.

Desiladka did you get MTR receipt #?

I read on this forum that if you 've paid application fee by cheque, you should be able to trace RD #. It appears on the back of the photocopy of your cashed cheque. Is it really true?

akatu said:
I read on this forum that if you 've paid application fee by cheque, you should be able to trace RD #. It appears on the back of the photocopy of your cashed cheque. Is it really true?

It is true.

I have paid application fee by check. I already have my EAC number.

desiladka,
When you filled in the Biographical information along with your I-485 did you include the company A as your present employer. I believe that is what the USCIS will looks when verifying employment.

desiladka said:
Its impoossible for me to state exactly on what is the reason for denail. Its too complicated. But I will try my best to descirbe it in the following:

Came to USA on Business visas. Changed my status to company A to H1B visas. after 1 1/2 company B applied for my labour processing. Labor got approved and found out that we all made mistake in the labor documents. It showed that I have been always worked for Company B and not company A which was not true. I never had H1 visas with company B ( green card sponsoring company)

So USCIS thought that I have been working for Company B until for a long time which as illegal employment. That the reason for denial. But as I said earlier, I have not been able to decribe it in detail.

Thanks.

avi_gc said:
desiladka,
When you filled in the Biographical information along with your I-485 did you include the company A as your present employer. I believe that is what the USCIS will looks when verifying employment.

You are right. Biographical information forms were messed up.

I dont know why we pay all this money to the lawyers. Even my lawyer and his paralegal had messed up the biographical information.
Right from marital status, my wifes DOB to my employment history everything was wrong. Luckily I found these mistakes and had them corrected before filing.
I have no confidence left in my lawyer anymore. I wish there was some way that the lawyers could be held liable for these costly mistakes.

I hope you get your case approved.

avi_gc said:
I dont know why we pay all this money to the lawyers. Even my lawyer and his paralegal had messed up the biographical information.
Right from marital status, my wifes DOB to my employment history everything was wrong. Luckily I found these mistakes and had them corrected before filing.
I have no confidence left in my lawyer anymore. I wish there was some way that the lawyers could be held liable for these costly mistakes.

In general lawyer's paralegal assistants do all the typing jobs (i.e. filling up forms). Any good law firm (and assistant) mail/fax typed copies of forms for review and waits for final "YES/NO" or any correction from client before filing to USCIS. It seems there are too many law offices who just don't care about some basic review and correction procedures.

Sometimes, clients do not know what is right and what is wrong for each questions on each forms. So even if the lawyers send forms for clients review for making sure there are no mistakes, Clients only goes through the forms to make sure the names are spelt properly and all basic stuff. Clients would not know the precies answer to each question out there. If we would know the exact and right answer for each entry in the form, most of us would not hire a lawyer.

As a client, I and all would expect the lawyer/paralegal to fill in the right details and we trust them to do so. Thats why we pay them.

But I do agree mistakes can happen. But clients suffering for lawyers mistake is just not fair.

I am wondering if lawyers could be sued for damages caused due to negligence.

Desiladka, after i filed MTR, they opened MOTIC

Which is motion to reconsider before commissioner. It says that it takes b/w 30 and 60 days to make decision. Did you get the same on your case status?