485 Denied for LongGC

485Alcatraz

Registered Users (C)
As most frequent members know by now that longGC's 485 has been recently denied. I am a fairly new member and have gained a lot from this forum by selfless contributions from everyone. I am in the same boat and waiting on TSC's mercy like everyone, however the camaraderie of members in this forum has made the pain a little easier.

Now, I don't know who longGC is except that he is a fellow sufferer. God forbid but this could happen to any one of us who are hanging by the last thread.

In that spirit and with all humility, If longGC would need and accept, I would be willing to help monetarily with whatever little I can according to my means, so that he can get a good representation during this appeal process.

With regards and prayers.

Thanks for your support

I am thankful to all your support. It makes me feel better. Thanks to 485Alcatraz and NDINDIA.

I am posting my new thread as I have few more questions.

I also agree with Alacartz. Long GC if you need monetary help we will contribute as much as we can.

sbi

Thanks again. This makes me feel that I am not alone and there are people to help me. Right now, I have filed for Motion To reopen. But TSC takes time to respond and this wait is a killer. Hope one day GC process will become easy.

LongGC:

Is money your concern or your legal/illegal status is your concern? I think we need to mobilize and reinforce INS to implement AC21.

dhw

LongGC will need both. Both needs are his cardinal concerns. My heart really goes out to LongGC.

Me, too.

LongGC: can you still legally work on your EAD, after the denied 485, while filed for Motion for Reopen?

to all

I can work legally on EAD as I have filed MTR. So I will be fine.

I really hope that if there was no delay in BCIS, all of our lives would be much much better. The delay in GC process puts us in very very limited position.

May God give all the wisdom to BCIS people and bless them.

I am looking for some projects around Atlanta area. Please also note that with EAD, I can work part time too. So if you all guys want to help me, send me some leads for projects in the South East US.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

this should help u

-140 Revocation Could Result in I-485 Approval

As our regular readers know, the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act, which became law in October 2000, allows employees to continue to process their I-485s towards the green card even if they no longer work for the original sponsoring employer. We have written about this issue in various MURTHYBULLETIN articles (available by searching MurthyDotCom <http://www.murthy.com/search.html>), MurthyChat answers (available by searching MurthyChat transcripts <http://www.murthy.com/chatdb.html>), and on the MurthyForum <http://www.murthy.com/mforum.html>. Recently, the BCIS clarified their interpretation under AC21 on the revocation of the underlying I-140 petition if the I-485 has been pending for over 180 days.

Attorney Murthy's July 3, 2003 discussion with Efren Hernandez, the Director of the Business and Trade Section at BCIS Headquarters, confirmed the long-standing BCIS / Legacy INS interpretation that senior officials from BCIS Headquarters, including William R. Yates and Fujie Ohata, have discussed with us at various AILA conferences and meetings. The policy is that, under AC21, the revocation of the underlying I-140 petition after the I-485 has been pending for 180 days or longer, cannot be the sole basis for the denial of the I-485 application. Thereafter, on July 8, 2003, a previously issued BCIS advisory letter dated April 24, 2002, also written by Efren Hernandez, was recently released by AILA, addressing this issue and confirming the position of the BCIS that the I-485 cannot be denied solely on the basis of the I-140 revocation if the I-140 petition was previously approved and the I-485 was pending for 180 days or longer.

Under AC21, the concept of I-485 portability permits a foreign national, who has an approved I-140 petition and has had an I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status pending for 180 days or longer, to switch to a new employer or job, as long as the new position is in the same or a similar job occupational classification. After a change in employers, the original employer sometimes will revoke the underlying I-140 petition for various reasons. The BCIS Regional Service Centers in Vermont, Nebraska, Texas, and California, sometimes have improperly denied these I-485 Applications for Adjustment of Status based solely on the revocation of the underlying I-140 petition.

AC21 appears to be clear that an employment-based petition and supporting labor certification remain valid with respect to a new job offer if the foreign national changes jobs or employers, as long as the new job is in the "same or similar" field and the adjustment application has been filed and remains unadjudicated for 180 days or longer. The subsequent revocation of the I-140 petition should be irrelevant if it occurs after the I-140 petition has been approved and the I-485 has been pending for a minimum of 180 days. It simply should not matter whether the original sponsoring employer decides to revoke the underlying I-140 petition for use by another employee or for a reason like layoff or termination, or even due to the employer's going out of business, since AC21 seems to allow both the employer and the employee to take advantage of the same I-140 petition if the I-485 has been pending with the BCIS/INS for over 180 days and all other conditions have been satisfied for portability of the I-485 application under AC21. We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy are pleased to share this update with our readers since we continually work to proactively address important issues with concerned government officials for the benefit of all.

LongGC:

If money is an issue, we certianly can help. But I am very very pleased that you still have a legal status here while awaiting the outcome of your MTR.

What is your occupation? You mentioned you welcome project leads.

Best reards,

Thanks dhw

Right now I am surviving on my savings. But I am applying to many companies that have some openings in Southeast. I will definitely have to have job by the end of July else I will run out of savings.

Thanks.

Long Gc

If I can be of any help please do let me know, be it emotional / financial - we are all in the same boat and need to be together.

Thanks

Leads in Atlanta Area

Long GC...Glad to see you are hanging in there. I may know some people in Atlanta Area. Can you tell me what kind of projects you are looking for?

To All

As you all know, I have EAD. With the AC21 my AOS can continue provided BCIS interprets it correctly. So in meantime, I am ready to take ANY kind of software project as PART TIME. Based on EAD, I can work for anyone on part time basis. So if you know any part time work that I can handle, please let me know ASAP.

My skillsets in short are,

1. Web Development - JavaScript, ColdFusion, HTML
2. Databases - PL/SQL, SQL Server, Domino
3. C language

Please help.

LongGC , I know TEKsystems have a requirement for Javascript, Coldfusion here in Houston.
You can find the job description on dice.com or on TEK systems's website - thingamajob.com.
Let me know if you need any more details.
I am at spj318ti@yahoo.com

Thanks goastros

I need leads like that. I am looking at,

ww.HotJobs.com
www.Monster.com
ComputerJobs.com
MatrixResources.com
ajc.com
Dice.com
NetTemps.com

Please let me know if you know any others.

Question - But can I work in Houston which is 1000 miles from my present location of job profile?

LongGC:
Try (1)BellOaks (PH)4042612170 (2) ECS (PH)7705918060 (3) Metamor (PH) 7703919330. I hope this helps.

LongGC, the location of the job should be fine.
Why do you think otherwise?
In fact, I don't where you are located but since you are at TSC, your 1st preference shd be jobs in TSC area.