485 Denial

It's all interpretation of BCIS, sometime if you say that you are graduate but that graduation is 15 years of education in India. According to BCIS graduation is 16 years of education, seems like it's more of that kind of case. See if your lawyer can send more document mentioning that it's just a interpretation issue here.

Good luck

MTR approved

EB3 - Labour Substitution, Concurrent filing.

I140 RD:11/23/02, ND:01/24/03 REF: On Educational Evaluation and Replied on April 21, 03.

I140 rejected : 9th July, 2003.
MTR filed : August 2003.
I 140 A.D. : Dec. 31st, 2003.

VCGC::

What is mean by MTR? how you got approval after a denied notice?

did you had problem because of educational evaluvation?

please clarify!

MTR

I will suggest find a good lawyer in a day or two and file Motion to reopen your case. It's taking 180 to reopen denied case.

Good luck
:)

dashdurai

Yes my I140 was rejected. I got an RFE on educational evluation in April 03. The reply was sent the same month. The case was rejected in July 03.Once the case in rejected u get 30 days to appeal for reopening the case. MTR(Motion to Reopen) filed and the case was approved on 31st Dec. 03.

Re: dashdurai

Originally posted by vcgc
Yes my I140 was rejected. I got an RFE on educational evluation in April 03. The reply was sent the same month. The case was rejected in July 03.Once the case in rejected u get 30 days to appeal for reopening the case. MTR(Motion to Reopen) filed and the case was approved on 31st Dec. 03.

What was the reason for initial rejection, becuase before that u have received RFE for educational evaluation and replied to it immediately.

My previous lawyer and his paralegal did not know how to reply REF.. they just got somebody to certify my 3 yrs Graduation and 3 Years PG equ to US Masters.. So my case was rejected on Edu qulif.. I hired a well-known lawyer and filed MTR.. i belive that the new lawyer did the magic of convincing BCIS..

I am discussing witth my lawyer abt next steps.. Per my lawyer, I485 of self and family should have automatically started, We have not recd any such notification from BCIS.. I hv lot of questions..
-- EAD has to be renewed (validity till Mar 2004)
-- no updates on BCIS site on our case for a long time (even after denial it was not updated)

If any one has gone thru the same, pl post yr case outcome..

Thanks and Good Luck to all

hi vcgc

what is happenning with you, is everything fine with you now, and btw is it 245(i) case??
thanks

vcgc -- new attorney

Hi vcgc,
Could you please let me know your new attorney who did the magic in getting I140 approved after MTR. You could PM if you don't want to disclose.

thanks

whatagc

My 485 was denied as my underlying 140 was denied. Now that my 140 is approved we have filed motion to reattach the concurrently filed 485.............. It is taking too long. My EAD is expiring this month and I think it takes 4/5 months for EAD to be approved. My lawyer is advising me to wait till I get some
letter from BCIS regarding the 485.

Rajudm,

What is PM?

vcgc, PM private message...

if you click on PM button you could send a private message. We need a good attorney to address issue with company's ability to pay RFE.

vcgc

hi vcgc

thank u very much for your response

please clarify one more thing,
As per the discussion I understand that, your case is 245(i) using substituted LC am i right???
concurrent filling???!!!!

Thanks

Originally posted by vcgc
whatagc

My 485 was denied as my underlying 140 was denied. Now that my 140 is approved we have filed motion to reattach the concurrently filed 485.............. It is taking too long. My EAD is expiring this month and I think it takes 4/5 months for EAD to be approved. My lawyer is advising me to wait till I get some
letter from BCIS regarding the 485.

Rajudm,

What is PM?

Hi vcgc:
Could you please let us know your lawyers name. That would be helpful to others also. Thanks.
M