485 community division is complete.

mango_pickle

Registered Users (C)
Kashmir,

I understand lot of people advising you to continue your effort, since we all value it. We definitely value it and really appreciate it. But because of the WAC03 approvals, and some of us fighting for the processing to be done in order, it just divided the whole 485 community into 2. (I remember Becky predicted this). But just wanted to let you know that if what that Indie guy said, if someone really does that you are in big trouble. Some of the WAC03ers are looking for themselves. I really suggest you stop this, since you are really jeopardising your future and your family's.

I also want you to understand that people can go to any extent for the GCs and I hope what that guy said, no body did that yet. Also understand that all the people who tell you to continue your great efforts (including me) have nothing to lose, incase such a thing does happen to you.

I also suggest all the other people not to make such requests to Kashmir. If Kashmir still does not get it, then God help him.

CSC /BCIS achieved what they wanted to - break the 485 community.

I guess the Indy guy will understand the agony if lot of people after him gets approved and not him. Then he would understand that these efforts would have been of some help.

Kashmir,
You have been devoting a whole lot your personal time and efforts to this community, which is fine. You choose to do so and nobody has a say in that. I wish you all the very best in your personal life and hope you get your green card very quickly.

I would encourage to reconsider what results (of Project Kashmir)you post on this forum. It is just not worth talking even a 1% risk to your GC process.

Obviously, the Indieguy is an illeterate. Anybody who knows how to read and write will know how much you charge for the data. Also, from your scan results, his PERSONAL INS data is out on the web - we know who that Indie guy is, place of birth, mother's maiden name , SSN and medical (AIDS) history.

He may or may not call INS, I would re-evaluate the consequences of that threat. And after all this, I personally think you should reconsider not posting data again.
Good luck with our GC.

Originally posted by mango_pickle
Kashmir,

I understand lot of people advising you to continue your effort, since we all value it. We definitely value it and really appreciate it. But because of the WAC03 approvals, and some of us fighting for the processing to be done in order, it just divided the whole 485 community into 2. (I remember Becky predicted this). But just wanted to let you know that if what that Indie guy said, if someone really does that you are in big trouble. Some of the WAC03ers are looking for themselves. I really suggest you stop this, since you are really jeopardising your future and your family's.

I also want you to understand that people can go to any extent for the GCs and I hope what that guy said, no body did that yet. Also understand that all the people who tell you to continue your great efforts (including me) have nothing to lose, incase such a thing does happen to you.

I also suggest all the other people not to make such requests to Kashmir. If Kashmir still does not get it, then God help him.

CSC /BCIS achieved what they wanted to - break the 485 community.

I guess the Indy guy will understand the agony if lot of people after him gets approved and not him. Then he would understand that these efforts would have been of some help.
Hi, mango_pickle,

I'd really appreciate your advices.
Also, it is not the first time, isn't it ?

> ... it just divided the whole 485 community into 2.

Yes, our community was divided, but not to the old applicants and the latter ones.
We're divided to
1) those who are fighting against Injustice of US Government for the whole community; and
2) others who are only interested in one's own green card.

> I really suggest you stop this, since you are really jeopardising your future and your family's.

I have not made a decision yet.
However, without the whole community's understanding and supporting, I have to stop Project Kashmir.
It's the only my choice and it might be difficult to continue.

indie7068 might have just misunderstood.
He might have thought that I was selling data because I was asking the forum members to make a contribution.
He might have only wanted to see data of Project Kashmir timely without any participation for the community.

Anyway, I stop Project Kashmir itself tentatively until indie7068 allows me to release data again.

Last edited by a moderator:
We value your efforts Kashmir

Kashmir,
I guess you should consult with Rajiv on this issue!! If you think it even posses a slight risk to continue with your efforts, my suggestion is to discontinue the efforts.Your carrer and GC is important so don't take any chance with that.
I value your efforts and I guess most of us...Thanks for the hardwork!!!

Academics Corner: Community Participation and the Long Wait

Hi all,

I think, as a community, we're confronting two difficult issues, but together they could be termed a "wicked problem" -- one of those almost impossible to solve problems.

Community participation is an interesting "problem" of it's own. Ever since the Internet got bulletin boards, so the definition of participation has been contested. I think I read once that apparently 90% of all people who participate in bulletin boards do so by reading and not writing. I am sure that this forum is no different.

So, in general statistical odds we'd probably be doing about this well with participation.

But now, bring in the other factor... the random and seemingly hugely unfair (I speak as a WAC 02'er who, truthfully, is just a little disappointed everytime a WAC 03'er gets their GC--sorry guys, I know you've waited a long time too, but there we are) processing situation. What's really unfair about it is perhaps that we all don't know what the order is. How would it be if the INS put an extra column on the webpage that told us where in the queue we were, and why those cases that were ahead of us were ahead of us?

So, the combination of those two factors I think just has a "natural" tendency to break us apart and make things difficult.

Kashmir, I am sorry that you've borne the brunt of this. You've done many good things for this community, and I hope that you've felt rewarded by the people you've "met" and the interactions that you've had. But, I can completely understand the disappointments you must have felt also. You'd be super-human to have put in all this effort and then not feel disappointed at times I suspect. I want to add personally, I think it was you and the others that gave me my own voice and although I've proceeded in a rather idiosyncratic style (that would be my nature generally), I want to thank you for inspiring me. I am sure that you've inspired others too, and hopefully that gives you some cause for joy.

Well, that's all from me here folks,

becky

OK, not quite all

As for the question about whether the data can be used. I suspect that is a good question for a lawyer actually. Usually is.

The USCIS may have the right to use our data publically (we may give them that permission during our application, by signing up for accounts etc). But, that may not extend to us using it ourselves...

As for Indie's comments about participating but only making 4 posts. Either it's not true, or Indie lurked without an account for a time reading and feeling like a participant ...

becky

Kashmir,
I welcome your decision to stop Project Kashmir since there was some noise from our own community. Please do not get into any problem educating the community about backlog. I never understood the legal issues behind that eventhough the report is just based on data available in public domain.

As always, CIS's mission is successful - Divide and rule immigration benefits applicants. Reason for current backlog at CIS is not due to lack of funds or inefficiency of CIS officials but due to the fact that we were never united. 1.2 million I-485 applications pending at CIS but just few participate in all community efforts. If just 10% of these applicants(120,000) participate then you'll see the difference.

Divide et impera

The old Romans used to follow this simple rule: "divide et impera". This translates into divide and then rule...typically referring to a population.

And this is what USCIS has achieved, obviously inadvertently.

Our community might appear to be divided into two (WAC02 and WAC03) but I think that the real division is between “who does” and “who does not”.
Key here is to move people (somebody in these forums says 10% of people waiting GC would make 120000 people…) : but how? Can’t answer this question, honestly.
Everybody has his own pace, reactions, available time, interests.

Speaking for myself, I do a little, definitely not as I wish and definitely not as Kashmir has done.
I regret and respect Kashmir decision: great job, Kashmir and a lot of thanks. Your legacy will survive.

Kashmir,

You are great! You are doing this service without any favour from anybody!

Forget about this rat indie7068!! guy.

God Bless you, my sincere thanks and best wishes to you.

Take care!

Originally posted by mango_pickle
But because of the WAC03 approvals, and some of us fighting for the processing to be done in order, it just divided the whole 485 community into 2. (I remember Becky predicted this). Some of the WAC03ers are looking for themselves.
mango_pickle,

I think you are being melodramatic, the 485 community HAS NOT broken up. As Kashmir pointed out the problem is not the community breaking up, but people's feeling about the backlog might have changed a bit.

There are enough people in WAC03/04 who understand the plight of 02 sufferers, but there is nothing they can do, since INS is the one who decides which case to open. As far as their support for the campaigns is concerned, we haven't had full support from the 02 community, so why throw stones at 03/04?

If you look at the list of people fighting for backlog reduction I am sure you will see 50% of them are 03 applicants, including (RK4GC and myself). The fallout of this pilot program is going to take some time to assess, so let us not jump the gun. Let us wait a little longer to see if it peters out like other INS program or picks up speed, let us run campaigns and see the broad based support it marshals or fails to marshal.

But I agree it might be time for Project Kashmir to stop, there is no need for him to be take this abuse and allegations.

Good luck to all of us.