485 Case transferred to Local Office?? Why

amcom

Registered Users (C)
My friend's case has been transferred to Local office Bloomington, MN.

His 140 was approved and Nebraska sent him RFE on 485 about 2 months ago to which he responded rapidly. Now 2-3 wks ago he learned from NSC that his case has been sent to Bloomington to expedite the process.

Now this frined is really under shock as to why NSC made this move. I myself have no experience about this as mine was straightforward.
What do you guys think what triggers these transfers when he's so close to approval. His Labour PD is Sep/oct 2001 so he can't be in retrogression then whet happened??
Any word of advice guys.. thanks.

Some of the district offices are sitting somewhat idle and they have been using (abusing) the idea of transferring these cases from the service centers. It may show up as a backlog reduction effort ;) They have also been transferring EB cases to train district officers in processing EB cases as opposed to family based ones.

Cases are transferred for variety of reasons.

1.past conviction
2.Lack of medicals
3.Recent marriage and applying for spouse ( This happened to me)
4.If they want more information/documents.
5.Address Change
6.Change of Job
... To name a few.

I can understand the frustration this adds after such a long wait. Just need to hang in there. I am sure all would be fine. Just another hurdle to cross.

Thanks,

amcom said:
Any more comments??? Please.
Thanks.
The bad thing is that local office would cause a few more weeks delay ... if he's EB3, then unless he can get the approval by the end of June, he's more or less stuck till Oct 1st.

Good thing is he has a fairly old PD - so when EB3 becomes available (sometime on/after Oct 1), he'll most definitely be well before the cutoff date.

amcom said:
My friend's case has been transferred to Local office Bloomington, MN.
His 140 was approved and Nebraska sent him RFE on 485 about 2 months ago to which he responded rapidly. Now 2-3 wks ago he learned from NSC that his case has been sent to Bloomington to expedite the process.
Now this frined is really under shock as to why NSC made this move. I myself have no experience about this as mine was straightforward.
What do you guys think what triggers these transfers when he's so close to approval. His Labour PD is Sep/oct 2001 so he can't be in retrogression then whet happened?? Any word of advice guys.. thanks.

This is exactly what happened to me. See my signature below. I am being represented by one of the best attorney's. I received an RFE (EVL and BC), which I think the attorney did a professional job in providing a good reply (including all AC21 memos etc.) and providing the necessary info. in several exhibits.
However, my case was transferred, one week after the response for "speed processing". I am almost 90 % sure that this is because of New Employer's "ability to pay" question. I have seen cases in this AC21 forum, where people who invoked AC21 have been asked Annual reports, new employer's tax filing info. quarterly reports etc. I always had this question in mind, that they may require it, and should have pro-actively provided it even though RFE did not ask for it. Now I am pretty sure, I will have to wait till Oct 1st or so to see an end of this journey.

I am not sure if your friend changed a job.

"I am not sure if your friend changed a job."
Thanks for your reply. My friend did change his job and moved to MN from MI. So far he's not sent AC21 also, he was hoping he'll present AC21 it at the time of RFE for Employmnet but since he didn't rcv that kind of RFE so his best bet would be to wait and hope for the approval w/out presenting AC21. Or if he get call for interview then he can go with AC21 at that time also.

Whats your comments.

amcom said:
Whats your comments.
It is Surprising that your friend did not receive an EVL type of RFE, even after an address change that involved change of state. I thought it is conventional of USCIS to send an EVL for each/every possible doubt they have. I have a read in the local transfer forums of a few cases that were transferred because of ‘speed processing” are being approved without an interview. But who knows, if they suspect “job change”, then there might as well be an interview. Don’t know if this is new trend, that they will start transferring EB3 cases to local office, since anyway they can’t approve their cases soon. May be bcos they don’t want to waste their time sending 2nd RFEs, Re-FPs, since all these can be quickly handled in local offices-the ones with faster processing times. Several people who were transferred to Portland have been interviewed within 2-4 months.