485 Case transfer to local Detroit office

GCDetroit

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

My case has been transfered to Detroit local office and have got the interv letter for Sep 05. It will be very kind if you could share your experiences of Detroit local office AOS interviews.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know, too. Can somebody kindly provide some info.? Thanks.
I will let you all know once I get the interview letter.
GCDetrit, please keep us updated about your case. Thanks a lot.

hey susu2003 - any updates on ur case?

Can anyone let me know how tough/ easy is the 485 interview? I have all the docs in place and know the best scenario is getting the GC stamping. What cud be the wrst case scenario? Please any comments/ suggestions.

Hi, GCDetroit,

I haven't got the interview notice yet. I just called the local office and they said my file is still on the way to the local office. Anyway, I will keep you all updated. Thanks.

GCDetroit, I send a private message to you with my email address and phone number. Can you please let me know yours so that we can talk about the case details? Thanks a lot.

susu

485 help needed

hello guyz,
me and my wife are trying to find out what is best for our case CP or 485.
Primary applicant is working for a state university as an prof, catagory EB2. we are in Ohio so our regianl office is Nebraska

do you know any one tried CP? what is the time diference betrween hetting GC in Consular Process(CP) and 485 for EB2 in Nebraska? what are the drawbacks of CP. how long did it take u r spouse to get the employment authorization with 485 from the date of 485 application?
please let us know your suggestions/experience?

hi kaushala,

I really cannot comment on the advantages and disadvantages of CP and 485, but CP is definetly much faster than 485. You are looking at saving atleast 1.5-2 yrs processing time in EB3. But agian urs is EB2, so u may want to chk with your legal advisor and follow his/her instructions.
Guess, its not advisable to change to CP after u file for 485 and vice-versa; so that is again something you need to decide before filing for either.

My spouse's EAD came in within 45 days of applying for 485.