485 aproved !!job quit condition..

July_23

Registered Users (C)
Please respond

My 1-485 approved and i stamped my passport yesterday only . Today I have only one option either leave my sponsered company and join client directly . Is ther any legal complications that my Desi company can revert/ cancel my GC or can create mess
They willl come to knwo for sure that ...i am joining client directly and i am not sure if they create some mess ??

Please tell me ASAP..i have to decide in day or 2

Thank you,

Proceed with caution

1. Quitting is different from being Habib'd (laid off). Emp-based GC is based on your good faith agreement to work with your sponsoring company for an appropriate period. (Question is, what is appropriate? :) ) If you show bad faith in breaking the agreement -and your company is vindictive - your GC could be revoked. But this is very unlikely.

2. Did you sign a non-compete clause with your desi company?
If you did, you need to find out whether you are in a "right to work state".
If you are, you're laughing and you can quit.

Edjermercate yourself as to these statutes.

New Job

The main obstacle in your path could be a non-compete clause if you signed one with your sponsoring company. My wife was in the same position as you and her company waived the non-compete in her case. If your company does the same then you are OK. I don't think the INS is really bothered if you change jobs anymore. If you can change before the GC is approved(AC-21) then why should there be a problem if you change later.

Thansk guys!!

I dont have any non-compte issue and my company contract with end client is not directly ( 3 layer as usual the desi company works)

AM i seeing lot of confidence in quitting ??? Please comments