485 approved!

michael young

Registered Users (C)
EB2/Canada Handle on Ciba\'s list: MichaelY
ND 2/6/2001
RD 2/26/2001
FP 3/29/2001 (kept receiving FP notices. Received 3 FP notices!)
AD 8/13/2001
WAC 0111551xxx
Wife\'s and son\'s 485 were also approved on the same day. Ironically, my EAD, which was submitted in May, was approved two days after my 485 approval. Moreover, my wife\'s EAD, which was submitted in July, is still pending.
  I prepared and submitted all the INS paper work on my own for self, wife and son, from TN, H1B, LC, I-140 through I-485. All I did was that I faithfully followed INS instructions on the various forms. All of my applications went smoothly. No delays. No RFE\'s.
  My best wishes to the rest of us who are still in the long and trying waiting course. Hope that you all receive your I-485 approvals soon.
  Special thanks to Ciba. Ciba, you have made our GC journey easier by organizing, collecting, and sharing the information.
  Michael

congrats!

I want to apply EAD myself. Download I-765 form from INS websit but no signature card.
Q1: where can I get signature card?
Q2: anything I need to pay attention?

Thanks in advance.
l_l

l_l

U need to order this form from INS website, signature card will be part of application form mailed to you by INS.

I-I

You may use INS web site (www.ins.gov) to request I-765 form by mail, which includes a signature card. Or, if you are close to any INS office, local or regional, you may walk in and get the signature card from the INS office. It\'ll be wise to request some extra copies, just in case the fingerprint is not satisfactory (the signature card is then ruined). My son actually used 4 signature cards before we got a clear fingerprint for his EAD application (we were inexperienced).

Yes

Hello, gc21. I received the second FP notice on April 5, less than a week after I did the FP on the first FP notice. I ignored the second FP notice and didn\'t do FP. Then, I received the third FP notice on Aug 3. I was concerned. Even though it was a regular FP notice, I did the FP on Aug. 7. I also sent a fax to CSC on Aug 8, requesting verification of the results of my first FP on Mar 29.
  Michael

No Title

Hi Michael,

My belated congratulations on your approval. I am very
impressed with your ability to apply everything all by
yourself. All those INS paperwork is so complicated
that I always get dizzy reading them.

Perhaps you could hang around on the board and help
out answering folks\' questions about filling out
various complicated forms. :)

In any event, good for you to officially become a
permenant resident!

ciba

Of course

Hello, Ciba. After visiting this site so many times, it has become a habit to come to this site whenever I log onto the web. Every time I open MS IE or Netscape, my fingers type the URL of this site. I guess it is the effect of implicit memory - what I learned in grad school but only recently experienced it myself. Anyway, I will hang around and share my experience with the rest of us who are still waiting.
  Michael

Finger Printing in CA

Hi Michael\Ciba,
I gave FP on Jan 5th 2002, when called up FBI , they said, they haven\'t received FP File .
They took me on Card .
Any Idea ,how long it may take . What should I do now ?
pl. help me ,I am ffeling so much tense.

thanks
mnrao