485 Approved

shyam_megha

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

I received the "card production" offered email on April 1st. Its been a long time, but finally they did send me the email...so a sigh of relief. I really hope everyone in this forum gets that email as early as possible.

On a separate note, usually USCIS sends emails of "welcoming the new PR" or "485 petition approved" or "card sent" in quick succession of the "card production" email. But, I havent received any such email, even after 6 days. So I am still not sure whether I am out of the woods.

Any thoughts?? Thx

Guys:

I received the "card production" offered email on April 1st. Its been a long time, but finally they did send me the email...so a sigh of relief. I really hope everyone in this forum gets that email as early as possible.

On a separate note, usually USCIS sends emails of "welcoming the new PR" or "485 petition approved" or "card sent" in quick succession of the "card production" email. But, I havent received any such email, even after 6 days. So I am still not sure whether I am out of the woods.

Any thoughts?? Thx

Congratulations ! . Can you please provide your detail like PD/RD and EB category ?

I have see following trend:
1. People who applied I-485 in 2007 and if got an RFE...all are getting GCs...
People who applied earlier ...and did not get an RFE...are still stuck...

I have see following trend:
1. People who applied I-485 in 2007 and if got an RFE...all are getting GCs...
People who applied earlier ...and did not get an RFE...are still stuck...

That is the stupid a$$ USCIS. They are still riding bullock carts in their streets around. Don't know what is computer , data base etc. What freaking FIFO ? PD Nov.2002 and RD July 2006 waiting..

They say, trigger some case activity, get you EAD renewed or AP... They will approve your case because there it is the same effort to them as interim case and there is no namecheck nomore.

gc_mania:

I totally understand your frustration, and thats why I was sceptical putting my "card production ordered" info on this forum. But still felt its good to give updates so that you know how things stand. Trust me, I understand your pain and anguish.

The thing though is we have to figure out a way out of this; towards that I think ""rir_or" seems to have a good suggestion, that you somehow trigger some activity around your application which may bring out the fact that your case is overdue.

My two cents…and wish you and all others in this process, the very best.

Shyam,

did you recieve your card finally. In my case too I recieved the card production ordered email, but no updates after than for five days now. What happned in your case?

Shyam,

did you recieve your card finally. In my case too I recieved the card production ordered email, but no updates after than for five days now. What happned in your case?

Several years ago people had to wait around 1 year before getting physical green card since "Card Production Ordered".

In my case, I received cards and welcome notice in mail together in 4 days after I-485 approval.

What do we see? the bulletin date/visa availibility or dates in NSC?? I am confused

First off, many congratulations to you and ur family for this much awaited freedom, hope u enjoy ur life more with this renewed energy.

To megha and all:

When does visa availibility come in picture, when the case is ready for adjucation or when the name check is cleared or passed 180 days. I applied my I-485 back in june last year and its been 180 days since then. I have my I-140 approved back in Feb2007 currently holds EAD and AP in hand....wat's next. Do I have to wait until EB3 India becomes available or can I expect something coming out in near future.

Secondly, very important question to me....What do I see now to follow up and have to hope still alive....the bulletin that comes out or the NSC processing time which is very close to my RD of 24July2007. I am really confused, please throw some light on this issue.

I appreciate your timely response to this request.

EB3/CA- LC PD: June 2003
LC AD: Oct 2005
I-140 AD: Feb2007
I-485/EAD/AP: June 2007
EAD/AP AD: Sep2007
I-485: God Knows When..

gc_mania:

I totally understand your frustration, and thats why I was sceptical putting my "card production ordered" info on this forum. But still felt its good to give updates so that you know how things stand. Trust me, I understand your pain and anguish.

The thing though is we have to figure out a way out of this; towards that I think ""rir_or" seems to have a good suggestion, that you somehow trigger some activity around your application which may bring out the fact that your case is overdue.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_mania:

I have 'congrats' for all those cleared the clown organization. Atleast you are out of the mess. The USCIS still runs DOS programs that speaks of their IT systems and their whole system in general.

The processing dates from Service Centers are useless. You should concentrate on the visa bulletin and make sure that your Priority Date is current. When PD becomes current in a month (based on the VB issued about 15 days or so prior to start of the month), your case become eligible for adjudication if NC > 180 days or is clear. Will USCIS act on it is anyone's guess. If USCIS were adjudicating all I485 cases that become eligible evertime the PD become current, there wouldn't be any backlog. This is also the reason that cut-off dates in the VB are "moved forward" so new applicants can apply at overseas consulates and the ones who had already applied there can be interviewed and issues an immigrant visa.The visa availability comes into picture when your case is ready for adjudication.

If you are interested in learning more about the VB movement, cutt-off dates etc, there are three wonderful articles written by Attorney Gotcher at:

Understanding Visa Bulletin Movement: Supply
Understanding Visa Bulletin Movement: Demand
Understanding Visa Bulletin Movement: Calculating Visa Cutoff Date Movement

When does visa availibility come in picture, when the case is ready for adjucation or when the name check is cleared or passed 180 days. I applied my I-485 back in june last year and its been 180 days since then. I have my I-140 approved back in Feb2007 currently holds EAD and AP in hand....wat's next. Do I have to wait until EB3 India becomes available or can I expect something coming out in near future.

Secondly, very important question to me....What do I see now to follow up and have to hope still alive....the bulletin that comes out or the NSC processing time which is very close to my RD of 24July2007. I am really confused, please throw some light on this issue.

I appreciate your timely response to this request.

EB3/CA- LC PD: June 2003
LC AD: Oct 2005
I-140 AD: Feb2007
I-485/EAD/AP: June 2007
EAD/AP AD: Sep2007
I-485: God Knows When..

I think that we should not overkill ourselves in calculating and predicting something that is revealed every month - and still people get approved that do not qualify for those dates. The whole system is just so unpredictable. We should just try to stay in touch, support each other, and it may not be a bad idea to have a little fun. Check out the funny clip as how native indians viewed "immigrants" to their land at:

http://www.immigrationtalkies.com/

keep smiling guys..

Wat a joke this processing system is? we can just laugh at it

Thanks for your timely informative response, I appreciate it.

Well, based on my understanding (from your response), the way processing is handled seems to be joke to me. Its a window that opens (current) and ppl rush to apply. The services gets their fee when ppl apply and they give a damn whether they get the GC adjucation or not. The applications that are already in wait for the window to get open so that they hear from the guys on the other side. But the window opens only to get more applications and money, creating more backlogs, rest of candidates waiting can go to hell. Is this how these morons are working??

Also, where do u see that the May 08 Vb will have 2003 current? I know its hardly will do anything to us, I am just curious to know.

Thanks again!!

The processing dates from Service Centers are useless. You should concentrate on the visa bulletin and make sure that your Priority Date is current. When PD becomes current in a month (based on the VB issued about 15 days or so prior to start of the month), your case become eligible for adjudication if NC > 180 days or is clear. Will USCIS act on it is anyone's guess. If USCIS were adjudicating all I485 cases that become eligible evertime the PD become current, there wouldn't be any backlog. This is also the reason that cut-off dates in the VB are "moved forward" so new applicants can apply at overseas consulates and the ones who had already applied there can be interviewed and issues an immigrant visa.The visa availability comes into picture when your case is ready for adjudication.

If you are interested in learning more about the VB movement, cutt-off dates etc, there are three wonderful articles written by Attorney Gotcher at:

Understanding Visa Bulletin Movement: Supply
Understanding Visa Bulletin Movement: Demand
Understanding Visa Bulletin Movement: Calculating Visa Cutoff Date Movement

Dates current means some hope...but USCIS is illogical

USCIS is illogical about whether they will be working on your case or not , even if all dates are current. I have been my dates current earlier and now ....(my EB-2 Priority date is Feb 2001 - India / I-140 approved Sept. 2005 / I-485 RD with Nebraska is June 2005) ...and still waiting... when many people who have PD later than mine and I-485 RD of 2007 are getting approved...:confused:

So I was very excited before when my dates etc. went current, however it does not matter much...you are still a subject of mercy for this ruthless, bureaucratic, non-transparent, arrogant, outdated, illogical organization called USCIS.

Thanks,

dude40004 got magic emails today ...

Dear Forum,

After long ordeal, finally I received magic emails today at 7 PM PST. I received "Card Production Ordered" email (No welcoming permanent resident email yet..I do not know if I am suppose to receive that or not). So it looks like my I-485 is approved because it says "Card Production ordered". My timelines/dates are listed below. It is a good news for old timers who are stuck at Nebraska. It seems like they are looking into these cases, so do not lose hopes. Plus May Visa bulletin is god , so you have full one good month ahead and I am sure that your processing will finish like mine, if you are those old PDs. Good Luck to All here.
I appreciate the community here. My only unsolicited advice will be that once your I-485 is filed, live like you already received the Greencard and do not wait for anything. I went ahead and bought house etc. / enrolled for Masters and started doing many things after my I-485 was filed. So don't wait for anything and enjoy everyday till your I-485 remains with USCIS. Believe me, it will come one day...but the time you spend waiting will never come back...so enjoy every moment. See Ya...

EB2 India PD Feb 2001 Substitute labor
I-140/I485 concurrently filed at California in June 2005 Later transferred to Nebraska
I-140 aproval - Sept. 2005
4 EADs/2 FPs meanwhile
was stuck in Namecheck for 28 months
NC cleared in Oct 2007 then they ran out of Visa
I485 Approval came today 04/29/2007 once PD became current in starting of April 2007.

Thanks and Good Luck to All :)
USCIS is illogical about whether they will be working on your case or not , even if all dates are current. I have been my dates current earlier and now ....(my EB-2 Priority date is Feb 2001 - India / I-140 approved Sept. 2005 / I-485 RD with Nebraska is June 2005) ...and still waiting... when many people who have PD later than mine and I-485 RD of 2007 are getting approved...:confused:

So I was very excited before when my dates etc. went current, however it does not matter much...you are still a subject of mercy for this ruthless, bureaucratic, non-transparent, arrogant, outdated, illogical organization called USCIS.

Thanks,

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many congrats to you and ur loved ones for a very happy ending of this long ordeal....go out and have fun dude...its ur day.
Come to think of it, u r so right. Our lives are so stand still, checking emails and online status that the fun is out the window. I think we should enjoy every day as it comes. Honestly, most of the time, I give a damn to check the processing time and counting days or months thinking the GC will arrive today or tomorrow. We should stop thinking of things that are not in our hands, we are at mercy of god and no one else, let alone the USCIS. If we get it its GOOD and if we don't its the BEST...I say that bcos I strongly belief that there is a good reason behind every failure too and only god has the knowledge to it. Above all, we have done everything it takes to get the status, if its not in our favor, we will never get it no matter how hard and long to try. So live life as long as you can enjoy it...forget the rest.

Congrats again...do come and visit us when you can!!

Regards,

Dear Forum,

After long ordeal, finally I received magic emails today at 7 PM PST. I received "Card Production Ordered" email (No welcoming permanent resident email yet..I do not know if I am suppose to receive that or not). So it looks like my I-485 is approved because it says "Card Production ordered". My timelines/dates are listed below. It is a good news for old timers who are stuck at Nebraska. It seems like they are looking into these cases, so do not lose hopes. Plus May Visa bulletin is god , so you have full one good month ahead and I am sure that your processing will finish like mine, if you are those old PDs. Good Luck to All here.
I appreciate the community here. My only unsolicited advice will be that once your I-485 is filed, live like you already received the Greencard and do not wait for anything. I went ahead and bought house etc. / enrolled for Masters and started doing many things after my I-485 was filed. So don't wait for anything and enjoy everyday till your I-485 remains with USCIS. Believe me, it will come one day...but the time you spend waiting will never come back...so enjoy every moment. See Ya...

EB2 India PD Feb 2001 Substitute labor
I-140/I485 concurrently filed at California in June 2005 Later transferred to Nebraska
I-140 aproval - Sept. 2005
4 EADs/2 FPs meanwhile
was stuck in Namecheck for 28 months
NC cleared in Oct 2007 then they ran out of Visa
I485 Approval came today 04/29/2007 once PD became current in starting of April 2007.

Thanks and Good Luck to All :)

Is_GC_A_Mirage,

Thanks !. Good luck for your processing as well. April and May08 going to be the best in terms of processing in history of Work Based GC...ever..

-Dude40004