485 Approved

New_GC_approval

My 485 got approved on 6/12/01 as per IIO. ND-3/30/00 RD - 4/3/00 (EB2 India). I have been a passive surfer of this page and it is of great help to keep your confidence up.

A quick question .. Can anyone answer please.

We changed our residence to Colorado from Boston and did not change our address as per our lawyers advice. Can we get our passports stamped in Denver instead of going to Boston office.

I really appreciate your help

Thanks

No Title

Yes I think so , I saw a posting couple of months ago a gentleman who got his approval through the Vermont center but got his pp stamped in San Jose, also another genetleman in Chicago ..etc. Based on those postings I think you can get pp stamped in Denver, and the approval notice I guess would be with your lawyer, I dont know if you can get your ct. copy since you have your old address.....it may not be forwarded to you

No Title

Congrats! Chutney is correct. I saw those postings as well. Consulting your lawyer is not a bad idea.

No Title

My service centre is Vermont and I stayed in Denver
area since day one and VSC sent me approval notice
with INS Denver Address. Both my copy and the Lawyer
copy has the same address INS Denver.

Usually the Sevice center will send approval notice
with nearest INS address based on your residence address.

I really don\'t know whether the IIO at the local INS office
will look for the INS address or not on your approval notice.

I think your approval notice will have Boston INS address since
your residence area is still Boston.

I would suggest you to check with your lawyer.

Good Luck

No Title

You shouldn\'t even attempt to get your passport stamped other than Boston. Do not go by any rumours. My attorney has strictly told me not to change the state of residence, otherwise as per the INS rules a new labor certification has to be done. Until you get the laminated plastic card in your hands shouldn\'t be changing your state of residence.