Our I-485 applications have been approved. Here are the details:

EB2 NIW India
I-140 ND 4/98
I-140 AD 7/98
I-485 RD 8/22/99
I-485 ND 9/15/99
FP Done 8/22/00
RFE ND 1/22/01 Employment letter + W2 + recent pay slips
RFE Sent 2/13/01 (from Lawyer\'s office)
I-485 AD 2/22/01

The AVM was updated on the same day (2/22/01) that was indeed a pleasant surprise!
Courtesy copy received on 3/01/01.

Thanks to all of you for providing informative messages on this board. I just recently came to know about this board. Although some participants received "intent to deny" letters from INS, almost all of them received approvals later. This indeed helped the hopes alive! It seems like more 485s are being approved within the last ten days. Hopefully all the pending ones will be approved soon. Good luck to all. Thanks to all behind this board for providing this forum to share concerns, questions and answers about I-485 process.

No Title

this is evil, i have not seen a single approval without RFE?? i thought only 20% o cases got RFE, looks more like 1 RFE 100%, 2nd rfe 30% to me. VSC making it as difficult as possible to complete AOS

No Title

Thanks to all. Good luck for a speedy approval.

It seems like more RFEs are sent out from VSC especially for people who already waited long. In our case the RFE was for Emp. letter and pay slips and that was relatively easy to get. I was surprised to get the RFE since we had a self petition as opposed to employer sponsored. Employer name had been changed but INS didn\'t sent a second RFE ( I guess it didn\'t matter for self petition). I guess the RFE step is the one more thing you have to endure in this process.

No Title

Nice Guy...No we didn\'t get an intent to deny letter. I was referring to some cases mentioned in this board.