485 Approved.

commander

Registered Users (C)
My and one my child's 485 have been approved on Friday. Wife and another child's cases are yet pending.
Interestingly, there was no update of fingerprinting result, which we did on 3/18. Which indicates that the fingerprint result posting is a manual process vs. earlier I was thinking that it was a batch process. Means once they get results, some one will look at it, and post it, if s/he likes to.
Please see signature for details.

Did you call VSC anytime before you got your approval?

Hey,

My dates are similar to yours and any info you can give me might help me. Did you call VSC before your approvals? What did they tell you on the status of your name check.

My case is such that when ic alled VSC in Feb. I was told my name check is done but the computer was not updated and my application was still in the "Waiting for Name Check" bucket. (I think the officer actually went to my file and checked my status in that case)

Now when I call I am told that the name check is pending which is what the computer is saying.

Did you happen to call VSC about name check? What did they tell you? If you case is similar to mine that would mean they are starting to update their records and that might give me some good hope.

commander said:
My and one my child's 485 have been approved on Friday. Wife and another child's cases are yet pending.
Interestingly, there was no update of fingerprinting result, which we did on 3/18. Which indicates that the fingerprint result posting is a manual process vs. earlier I was thinking that it was a batch process. Means once they get results, some one will look at it, and post it, if s/he likes to.
Please see signature for details.

COngratulations!!!.

My date also became current on March 1st. PD is August 2000. I had an LUD on 03/08 , no message change. I replied RFE on 485 in August 2005. Anxiously waiting for approval. Anybody in simiarl case ???

Congrats.......

commander, First of all congratulations.

If yours is EB3 and PD is July how come it approved now? Just curious....Is there any magic?? :)

Name check confirmation I got via FBI email reply (2005 July). However even after that, during last year Jul/Aug VSC told me that my security check is pending, which she explained to be IBIS check. In October, I was told that all the checks are cleared.
This year in Feb after seeing Visa for Mar06, I called VSC and they confirmed that every thing is OK.
Recently I called VSC on March 28 to verify my fingerprint result, and then was told that FP result has arrived, and it will take some time to publish it.
I would guess similar situation for your case too, that the Name check has arrived, but has not been put in the system. My guess is that when the case is with adjudicator, they send results to adjudicator not in system. I would recommend, that you must call once again to be sure about that.
Your case is very close to mine, and must get through soon. Good luck.

supply_demand said:
Hey,

My dates are similar to yours and any info you can give me might help me. Did you call VSC before your approvals? What did they tell you on the status of your name check.

My case is such that when ic alled VSC in Feb. I was told my name check is done but the computer was not updated and my application was still in the "Waiting for Name Check" bucket. (I think the officer actually went to my file and checked my status in that case)

Now when I call I am told that the name check is pending which is what the computer is saying.

Did you happen to call VSC about name check? What did they tell you? If you case is similar to mine that would mean they are starting to update their records and that might give me some good hope.

Thanks.
My PD is July 2000.
gcaaa111 said:
commander, First of all congratulations.

If yours is EB3 and PD is July how come it approved now? Just curious....Is there any magic?? :)

Thank you very much.
Definately your approval is very-very close.

rvepra said:
COngratulations!!!.

My date also became current on March 1st. PD is August 2000. I had an LUD on 03/08 , no message change. I replied RFE on 485 in August 2005. Anxiously waiting for approval. Anybody in simiarl case ???

FBI Mail

Hi Commander,

My PD is April 2000 and RD for I-485 is Dec'2004. Two months back when I called VSC I was told that my name was pending.

Do you think FBI would replies to their mails? I would like to send a mail with details and ask them about my name check status.

Can you please provide me FBI mail address and other details needed in the mail?

Thanks,
Andy

Congrats!

Commander, One question. Is the latest FP is the result of your effort or just USCIS asked you go for it. In my case, though i'm approved, my spouse case got stuck due to regression etc. It's more than 1.5 yrs since we went for FP. Do you think my spouse need to go for another FP. Pl. let me know. Her PD just got current in May'06 Visa Bulletin.

Thank you very much Naveen and BunnyGC.

srichalam....................
My fingerprint expired in Jan 2006, therefore after March Visa bulletin when my date became current, during next 18 days, I made two phone calls to VSC, one info-pass appointment and one expedite request, thinking at least I’ll be able to get my FP done and there would not be any thing pending from my side. But nothing worked. As you can see in my signature, once Visa became current, they sent FP with in 8 days.
However, I read recently in the forum, that congressperson can help in getting FP date fixed. You can try if you like.

anandsbr……………………….

I understand that they have stopped replying emails. However if you want to try here is the email address for the FBI-

FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

And may use following format------------------
To: The Director, Records Management Division
FBI Headquarters

Dear Sir/Madam

From the inquiry at USCIS, I understand that my I-485 (Application for adjustment of status), is pending for Name Check to be done at your agency. May I request to please provide the status of the Name Check, requested by USCIS on my case. Below are my details-

Home Address:

Home Phone #:
Return fax number:
Email address:

Last Name:
First & Middle:
Date of Birth:
Country of Birth:
A #:
USCIS petition#

Is your card ordered ??

Hello Commander,

what does your approval notice say ? Does it say card ordered or will receive notice for biometrics in 90 days ??

Thanks,
-solicit

Any email address where we can check the status for AOS application at VSC

does anyone know if there is any email address where we can check the status of our application at VSC?

CSC has a email address where folks get the exact status of their applications in 2 weeks or less. wondering if anyone knows if we have something similar for VSC.

I do not have my paper notice yet. Online status says-
"This case has been approved. On April 7, 2006, an approval notice was mailed."
I am not sure what that would mean, do I have to go for BioMetrics or they will send me the card. Does any one has any knowledge?

solicit said:
Hello Commander,

what does your approval notice say ? Does it say card ordered or will receive notice for biometrics in 90 days ??

Thanks,
-solicit

biometrics I guess

I got the same message and then :) - I got a notice saying that I will get another notice with details of scheduling biometrics - It has been about 25 days but nothing as of now - I am sure they will make us wait atleast 90 days..

nothing happens early -- If anybody got biometrics notice - can they give the timeline that was for them( did it happen early or took whole 90 days etc)

Lets see how it goes..

- Srini

Srini,
You are absolutely right. They squeeze us out totally before they give green card.
What was the gap between these two notices?
srini_king said:
I got the same message and then :) - I got a notice saying that I will get another notice with details of scheduling biometrics - It has been about 25 days but nothing as of now - I am sure they will make us wait atleast 90 days..

nothing happens early -- If anybody got biometrics notice - can they give the timeline that was for them( did it happen early or took whole 90 days etc)

Lets see how it goes..

- Srini

I did not receive the second card

Hi,

I did not receive the second notice - I will let you know the timegap once I receive them.. :)