485 approved

Sept03NIW

Registered Users (C)
Guys-----My 485 has been approved yesterday! Received an email just now!! Thanks for all your support and help. Hope the journey ends for you all soon.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congradulations! Hopefully mine will come soon. Have you ever made an inquiry on your case? If so, what was the response back then? Thanks!

No I didnt initiate any enquiry. I have a Biometrics coming up in a couple of weeks, so was waiting for that to be done. Hope you get your approval soon.

question to gurus

srikanthsiva said:
Sep03NIW,

Enjoy buddy!!

Thanks man !! I looked at your signature, and it seems like your spouse's 485 got a RFE. Right now, both mine and my child's 485s have been approved. However, there are no updates on my spouse's case. Is this normal? Or do you think there is something to worry about? Any inputs will be appreciated!

Nothing to worry

Sept03NIW said:
Thanks man !! I looked at your signature, and it seems like your spouse's 485 got a RFE. Right now, both mine and my child's 485s have been approved. However, there are no updates on my spouse's case. Is this normal? Or do you think there is something to worry about? Any inputs will be appreciated!

Dont worry, im sure there is nothing to worry. We kind of predicted this RFE because we did not submit a Birth cert for her at time of application. So right now we are trying to get that sorted out.

I am quite sure she will be approved very shortly. 67% of your battle is over so dont worry!!

sep03NIW
Congrats. Hope mine too comes pretty soon. Initiated an enquiry and received a letter from USCIS that my case is awaiting for review by an officer. Hope that officer show some mercy on my file and approve.

congrats and do not worry, your Hubby will get pretty soon.

enjoy the freedom

Hope Tjshah,bmt are watching and still waiting for their 485.

plastic_card said:
sep03NIW
Congrats. Hope mine too comes pretty soon. Initiated an enquiry and received a letter from USCIS that my case is awaiting for review by an officer. Hope that officer show some mercy on my file and approve.

congrats and do not worry, your Hubby will get pretty soon.

enjoy the freedom

Hope Tjshah,bmt are watching and still waiting for their 485.

plastic_card

Great to hear from you. Thanks a lot---do let us know when your turn comes. I am sure the Sept 2003 filers will be done soon.

RFE for spouse

Hi all:

It seems like NSC mailed out a RFE for my spouse's 485 on the 11th. Any inputs on what it might me about?

Thanks much!

I'm sure it will be on Marriage certificate. These NSC folks would have used your Marriage certificate paper while eating Boondi or Laddu. So they are missing and instead of saying we are missing they will say 'we need more evidence for your Bonified Marriage'. Do not worry. It will be prety simple and will be done in no time.

Its time to Outsource NSC .

plastic_card said:
I'm sure it will be on Marriage certificate. These NSC folks would have used your Marriage certificate paper while eating Boondi or Laddu. So they are missing and instead of saying we are missing they will say 'we need more evidence for your Bonified Marriage'. Do not worry. It will be prety simple and will be done in no time.

Its time to Outsource NSC .

You are absolutely right---my lawyer received the RFE yesterday. They want to know that the marriage is bonafide. Idiots!

what all documents do I send?

Gurus--

Help me out on this. What all documents do I forward to prove that the marriage is still bona-fide. Mortgage, tax-returns, car loans,utility bills, marriage ceritficate (again!)---and what else? I have no bank accounts that I share with my spouse. Will that be a problem?

Any input is appreciated!

Kids?

Do you have any kids together? If you do, show kid's BC.
Show iCar/health nsurance card and I also got a testimony from a colleague that hangs out with us stating that to her best knowledge, in the past 3 years that she has known us, it seems to be a bonafide marriage.

Hope this helps

srikanthsiva said:
Do you have any kids together? If you do, show kid's BC.
Show iCar/health nsurance card and I also got a testimony from a colleague that hangs out with us stating that to her best knowledge, in the past 3 years that she has known us, it seems to be a bonafide marriage.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the input. I am getting affidavits from family friends. About the birth certificate, it was included in my original application. Do you think I should include it as evidence once more?

sep03NIW
Not to worry. Its pretty simple. I told you yesterday. These NSC folks spend lot of time in talking and eating and whileeating they need some papers and they pick important papers from each file.

1) Send Marriage cerrtificates
2) Tax filling copies, if you have filled together
3) Any bills if you have together { cell phone,lan phone, Powerbill, cable bill }
4) Bank account or cd's { you already said that you do not have }
5) Affaidavits from Relatives { either from your family or from your Hubby's family }
6) As user 'Srikanthsiva' said a letter from your close firned who is non Asian.

I guess this will be more than enough. If you have all o fthese sent a copy of each . I will tell you, you will put a post with in 10 days of your reply to USCIS saying my spouse 485 approved.

Good luck and have a party for not approval but for escaping from NSC { its like getting a transfer from Bihar or Andaman }. I'm not kidding.

plastic_card said:
sep03NIW
Not to worry. Its pretty simple. I told you yesterday. These NSC folks spend lot of time in talking and eating and whileeating they need some papers and they pick important papers from each file.

1) Send Marriage cerrtificates
2) Tax filling copies, if you have filled together
3) Any bills if you have together { cell phone,lan phone, Powerbill, cable bill }
4) Bank account or cd's { you already said that you do not have }
5) Affaidavits from Relatives { either from your family or from your Hubby's family }
6) As user 'Srikanthsiva' said a letter from your close firned who is non Asian.

I guess this will be more than enough. If you have all o fthese sent a copy of each . I will tell you, you will put a post with in 10 days of your reply to USCIS saying my spouse 485 approved.

Good luck and have a party for not approval but for escaping from NSC { its like getting a transfer from Bihar or Andaman }. I'm not kidding.

Thanks plastic_card. You are invited to the party ;)

Sept03NIW said:
Thanks again, guys, for the wishes and reassuring words.
Congratulations to you.... Enjoy freedom..Its been long journey but happy ending. I am still waiting and waiting...........