485 Approved

Registered Users (C)
VSC approved the 485 applications for my husband and myself. Here are the details:

China EB2-NIW
PD: 12/31/1998
RD: 09/17/1999
ND: 09/30/1999
FP: 08/03/2000
RFE: None
AD: 10/11/2000 (Lawyer received original notice, and I got the courtesy copy on 10/16/2000. INS auto. message also changed to approval).

We live in NJ. Called VSC a year ago to update the address.

My husband and I have been waiting for a long time, but the approval still came to us a little bit ahead of our best expectations as we saw a lot of cases with 08/99 are still waiting. Anyway, our wait for GC is over, we just want to share the news with you and wish you all good luck.

We would also like to extend our appreciation to this great web site which has been an indispensable part of our lives for the past 2 years.

No Title

Hi,
what is the procedure to change the address? Will the IIO take the new address on phone and change it?

TIA

No Title

What does a NIW(National Interest Waiver) mean actually? Is it that they don\'t need to clear their LC?
THanks

No Title

gmathias,

NIW does not need LC. They just have to demonstrate this person
is a national interest. Usually person with great credential in the field.
If you have Ph.D this may work.

No Title

waterman,

You are welcome. We went to Newark and get our passport stamped today (10/18). We were in around 8am. There was a short waiting line and we were out of the building around 9:30. The officer took our approval notice, I-94, and all our EADs.

BTW, our case #s start with EAC99-279-XXXXX.

Thank you and all the participants of this board who together have made our long wait less painful.

Bye now.