485 Approved without 140 Approval

Want GC Soon

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
One of my friend had his 140 pending for more than a year. He had a couple of RFE's and both were answered and sent at the right time.

There was no update once the RFE was received at INS. Yesterday he got an email that his 485 got approved but no LUD or Status change in his 140.

How can he find out that his 140 is approved. He might have got concurrent approval and thats all that we can think at this time. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Has anyone experienced the same situation before? His online message for 485 states that his 485 is approved and card ordered. He has also received the letter from INS that his 485 is approved.

He isnt able to celebrate on this, as he is still worried about 140 approval.

Thanks for your help..

I saw something like this last year. His 140 was also approved before 485 but the online message was not changed.That guy he did not even receive the i-140 approval.

Want GC Soon said:
Hi,
One of my friend had his 140 pending for more than a year. He had a couple of RFE's and both were answered and sent at the right time.

There was no update once the RFE was received at INS. Yesterday he got an email that his 485 got approved but no LUD or Status change in his 140.

How can he find out that his 140 is approved. He might have got concurrent approval and thats all that we can think at this time. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Has anyone experienced the same situation before? His online message for 485 states that his 485 is approved and card ordered. He has also received the letter from INS that his 485 is approved.

He isnt able to celebrate on this, as he is still worried about 140 approval.

Thanks for your help..

Ask your friend to throw a big party to celebrate his I-485 approval.

This has happened to few people in the last few months.

Though he doesn't see 'Approval' message for his I-140 online, its still approved and may take a few days to appear online. If he is very much concerned about this, ask him to call NSC and check the status of his I-140.

I have even come across few forum members for whom online status(I-485) was never updated to 'Approved', they have also received plastic card. So, I would say don't give too much importance to online status.

Apollo_13 said:
Ask your friend to throw a big party to celebrate his I-485 approval.

This has happened to few people in the last few months.

Though he doesn't see 'Approval' message for his I-140 online, its still approved and may take a few days to appear online. If he is very much concerned about this, ask him to call NSC and check the status of his I-140.

I have even come across few forum members for whom online status(I-485) was never updated to 'Approved', they have also received plastic card. So, I would say don't give too much importance to online status.

Thank you all!!