485 Approved. What next ?

gclcgc

Registered Users (C)
Today morning I saw lud change on my status of 485 and its mentioned as

"On April 3, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Does that mean my GC is done? I noticed people mentions about taking Infopass appointment and getting your passport stamped etc..etc..

So do I really need to get my passport stamped, if there are no travelling plans for next 3 - 6 months?

Will I receive the 485 approval notice or it will go to lawyer?

Generally how long will it take between approval of 485 and receiving plastic card ? just to start my countdown :D

Appreciate GURU's input.

Below is my case details:

Labor Sub - EB2
140/485 - RD - Sep 05
140 - AD - Dec 05
485 - AD - Apr 06

Yes, your GC is done. Congratulations. You don't need to get your passport stamped. It seems the cards are sent really quickly these days and they don't do passport stamping any more. You'll get your card within a week.

Last update is I-485 approval

nandpc said:
Yes, your GC is done. Congratulations. You don't need to get your passport stamped. It seems the cards are sent really quickly these days and they don't do passport stamping any more. You'll get your card within a week.

Hi Nandpc,

Mine is also similar situation. I have received I-485 approval email on 04/01/06, stating that the case has been approved on 03/31/06. But somepeople are getting emails stating " the cards have been ordered....".
In my case, the last update was only I-485 approval....
I did not see update stating that the card has been ordered or so.....
What could be the situation .....
Am I done with GC processing ?
Are there anymore hurdles after I-485 approval ?

Please share your thoughts...

Thanks in advance.

OMNV :)

Thanks guys,

I would still waiting for my Card to come....not sure if I would be changing my job soon...though I alrady have one offer pending....not able to decide whether shd I join or just let it go and after a year, try something for FT.

Ravi - my PD was March 2002.

Congrats

gclcgc said:
Today morning I saw lud change on my status of 485 and its mentioned as

"On April 3, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Does that mean my GC is done? I noticed people mentions about taking Infopass appointment and getting your passport stamped etc..etc..

So do I really need to get my passport stamped, if there are no travelling plans for next 3 - 6 months?

Will I receive the 485 approval notice or it will go to lawyer?

Generally how long will it take between approval of 485 and receiving plastic card ? just to start my countdown :D

Appreciate GURU's input.

Below is my case details:

Labor Sub - EB2
140/485 - RD - Sep 05
140 - AD - Dec 05
485 - AD - Apr 06

Hi gclcgc
Congrats and enjoy...
Which SC it was?
Thanks!!

Hi Amagilaj,

Its too early to get worried. In my case I got the approval update on March 23rd night and the card mailed update was on March 29th. I received the card on March 31st. Moreover, the USCIS online updates are really inconsistent. If you have already done your biometrics then you'll receive your card in a few days. But if the biometrics are not done then you will have to wait for the biometrics appointment and the card will be made after the biometrics.

nandpc said:
Hi Amagilaj,

Its too early to get worried. In my case I got the approval update on March 23rd night and the card mailed update was on March 29th. I received the card on March 31st. Moreover, the USCIS online updates are really inconsistent. If you have already done your biometrics then you'll receive your card in a few days. But if the biometrics are not done then you will have to wait for the biometrics appointment and the card will be made after the biometrics.

Nandpc,

Thank you. It gives me bit relief. I agree with you that LUDs are inconsistant.
Yes, my biometrics are done in October. I do not think they will again ask for one more FP, as the most recent onces are not expired.
As you advised, let's wait another couple of days.....
4 + years fo journey... one two weeks is not a big deal.
Only thing is we should remove it from mind.
Thank You. Shall keep you posted when there is development.

OMNV

Its VSC....country - the most affected- India.

BTW, today I received my approval notice in mail. Still waiting for card, but hopefully will receive it next week, since USCIS staus shows card mailed for me and my spouse.

One thing I noticed though is, for my child (under 14), they have not yet updated status regarding Card....does our kids receive card or their status is based on ours ?