485 approved..what next?

sman76

Registered Users (C)
I have been a silent member of this forum for a few months. I am pleased to report that I just received an email from USCIS that my 485 application has been approved. I have a few questions about the next steps..
1) I understand that I need to go to the local office to get my passport stamped. Where can I find the address and phone number of the office in Atlanta?
2) Do I need an appointment for this or can I just walk-in?
3) Is email approval sufficient to get an appt and get the stamp?
I appreciate your advice and wish everyone good luck.
Thanks

Congrats..

please log on to infopass and make an appointment http://infopass.uscis.gov/

When you put your zip code in, it should figure out the neartest USCIS office to get the stamping.

You will have to make an appointment. Infact you will need 1 appointment for every person who needs the stamping. Suggest making the appointment from different computers for the same date as somepeople have had difficulties getting the same date/time for different people when using the same browser. (If you wait 30 mins between making the appointments you can use the same computer).

Most likely you will only be able to make an appointment that is atleast 2 weeks away. This should give sufficient time for you to get your 485 approval letter. The letter usually comes in 1 week, but given the holiday mail rush there could be problems. I would not suggest using the e-mail. Make the appointment on a date that you are sure you would have the 485 approval in hand.

good luck..

Last edited by a moderator:
No info appointments in atlanta

Thanks ss_holmes.

When I enter my atlanta zipcode in infopass, I get the message 'No information appointments are available in your area'. I tried from several machines. Then I tried zipcodes from other cities (dallas, NY) and those worked fine(went to next page). Any idea why only Atlanta doesnt work?
thanks

Infopass

ss_holmes,
I think you are right about the technical glitch. I must have tried a couple of hundred times since yesterday to get an appt in Atlanta but no luck so far..I will keep on trying...
thanks

No, Its not Technical Glitch...That indicates that there are no appointments for the next 15 days.Try it exactly after midnight 12.00 , I hope you will find one appointment.

Good Luck.

sman76 said:
ss_holmes,
I think you are right about the technical glitch. I must have tried a couple of hundred times since yesterday to get an appt in Atlanta but no luck so far..I will keep on trying...
thanks