485 approved - WAC0204186

linuxrox

Registered Users (C)
485 approved - WAC04186

Another step ahead as we move along ..

Got the emails yesterday -for me and spouse!
It has been a roller-coaster ..
----------
Pre-approved labor
140 - EB2 filed Feb 2003
RFE 1 - may 2003
RFE 2 - aug 2003
140 denied - Jan 31 2004
changed attorney and request to re-address as a wrongful denial
140 approved april 30 2004
485/EAD/AP applied - june 17 2004
EAD/AP approved aug 1
FP-1 done aug 11
LUDs on 485 - 06/24,27,29,07/1,09/22,09/24,11/18,12/17(approval)
Approval Date - 12/16 exactly 6 months from the date of application.
Waiting for the courtesy copy.
--------------

Thanks to Rajiv jee ..this is an excellent forum!!
Thanks to guys like PCee, Kashmir, 140_for_ever, SillyMan (thanks, thanks, thanks - for flaggin Rajiv to talk to me on my 140 denial, and that changed the course of my immirgation application)..many many more!!

At the end, it is patience that is required, and tons of it!
Everyone will get there!! If I could, everyone should!

thanks
Rox & Family!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Received the courtesy copy from USCIS. So the approval is for real :) Shall attempt stamping on thursday at San Bernandino office (no appointments in LA office).

Stamping completed on Dec 27th

Appointment was at 2.00.
There was a queue outside the LA office by 1.45 PM. Got in by 2.00.
As the computers crashed in the morning there was a huge backlog from the morning's session. Numbers got called at 3.30. The IIO took the Passports, 485 approval letter, EADs and the photos and called back by 3.50 PM. Got back the stamped passports and a 'Congratulations, Welcome to US. Plastic card will be mailed in 6-12 months'. Out by 4.00 PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
plastic card

linuxrox said:
Appointment was at 2.00.
There was a queue outside the LA office by 1.45 PM. Got in by 2.00.
As the computers crashed in the morning there was a huge backlog from the morning's session. Numbers got called at 3.30. The IIO took the Passports, 485 approval letter, EADs and the photos and called back by 3.50 PM. Got back the stamped passports and a 'Congratulations, Welcome to US. Plastic card will be mailed in 6-12 months'. Out by 4.00 PM.

Congratulations! In my case, I received my plastic card (Dec. 20 2004) 18 days after stamping (Dec. 2 2004) at SFO. I think they are paying the card maker by the card these days - hard to explain the increased efficiency otherwise.

Congratulations, Linuxrox! I just received my courtesy copy and scheduled infoPass on 01/05. What exactly do I need to bring? Do I need to bring all EADs, APs, H-1b, I-94, etc. In that notice, I remember we're asked to bring supporting materials. I plan to bring as much as possible. Also, is that OK to make one appointment for both of us? Thank you.

materials u listed are ok..

it is a good idea to carry APs, EADs along with passports and I-94s.
Also carry the H-1s.
Good luck.

My I-94 is expired in June 2004, will it be accepted for Stamping

My I-94 is expired in June 2004, will it be accepted for Stamping

Hi, I got I-485 approvals for both me and my wife 1 week back. I have also taken Infopass appointment on 4th Jan 2005. My only concern is, I don't have the latest H1 and H4 with me now. My I-94 is expired on June 2004 . Does any body know, whether these I-94s will be accepted for stamping ? Will I have any issues during Infopass appointment. You know, I don't want to mess up anything at the extreme last stage of this gruesome GC process. I will really appriciate.

Thanks

babu
Dont think that it would be an issue, as long as you got your EAD and AP before your I-94 expired (and i hope you did).
And what is ur RD/ND for 485 ?

Hi Linuxrox,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I got my 485 approval on 18th Dec. I have receieved EAD and AP in the last week of Nov.

My I-94 is expired on 21 June 2004 (came back from India after a Trip). I think, my latest H1 and H4 are with the Attorney. I have taken the Infopass appointment on 4th Jan. This is what it concerns me, whether INS will accept my old I-94 or not or Will they accept my old H1 ? I am bit worried.

Thanks again