485 Approved, used AC21, changed job<180 days & RFE for employement letter

Congrats.. and..

I\'m in a similar situation as yours.. Need your inputs..

1. Did you inform INS about your job change prior to your RFE ??..
2. Any idea how they figured out that you had changed jobs ?.
3. Was there any gap between your 2 jobs ?
4. Did you use EAD or H-1 transfer ?

Thanks and enjoy your freedom.

What factors should I consider before doing a job change?

Congratulations, Please let me know the factors I should consider before doing a job change.

My Deatils
RD Nov 01, 2001
ND Dec 05, 2001

Should the job description and title be tha same?
What about the salary?

Thanks

No Title

Ans:
Q1. No.
Q2. No Idea at all.
Q3. No.
Q4. I did use H1 transfer, though I had EAD after two weeks but never used it.

Skh, Congratulations.....Also query about AC21

Skh,

Congratulations on getting your approval!

You mentioned that your lawyer included a cover letter mentioning that you are using AC21 in response to the RFE. Could you please let us know the main points from the cover letter? Or better still, if you could post a copy of that entire cover letter.

Thanks, and congratulations once again.

Please Post the Format of the AC21 Cover Letter

Congratulations !! Please do post the Main Points or the format of the Attorney Cover Letter for the benefit of other AC21 Job Changers on this Forum.

Congratulations skh: A few Questions !!!

Congratulations skh. Enjoy your Permanent Residence !!!
A few questions on your AC21 Approval:
- Did your employment letter contain the start of employment date too (i.e before 180 days) ?
- How well did your salary and job description match the one on LC/140 ? Did the position title match exactly as well ?
- Did your previous company revoke/ withdraw your H1 ?
Thanks Again and Good Luck.

ANS

Q1. Yes.
Q2. Jod description was simmilar/same and salary was higher by 20k.
Q3. I don\'t know, May be or not(my guess is not since I have the same lawyer from the old company who helped me getting my GC approval)

Most amazing approval, please clarify these points...

for the rest of us.

1) If I read the sample letter correctly, it does not mention your new start date. You indicated that 485 was filed on 07/26 and you changed jobs in 08/01 - that aspect is not indicated on the letter. On what grounds does the attorney claim AC21 since it had not been 180 days when you changed jobs. This was my interpretation - please clarify if I am missing something.

2) When you changed jobs in 08/01, did you file an amended I-140? If not, on what grounds - what did your attorney say at that time ?

Thanks very much for helping the rest of us out.

ANS

Q1. The start date, salary etc,etc goes in employement letter. I attached a sample of Cover leter from my lawyer for RFE stating that I am using AC21 law.
Q2. AC21 says if your case not adjudicated within 180 day of I-485 reciept date. So the "catch is" if adjudicated before 180 days then you can not use AC21 law. In last july we were confident that my case will take more than 180 days.
Hope this answers your questions.

He is right

You are reading his sample letter which I assume is from his lawyer. Why should his lawyer mention the start date?

The start date only appears in the employment letter as requested by RFE. He was talking about two different letters.

EW