Hi,
My 485 was finally approved on 6/19/01
RD 12/15/00
ND 1/3/01
FP 3/23/01
Approval 6/19/01

Has anyone obtained an appt at the San Jose office and
how long does it take ?
I am debating waiting for the appointment v/s getting in line at 3:00 am.

eruprahgp

No Title

He posted other messages with

2/23/01 11:49 AM
                                                                                       (#2 of 15)
    ND 12/15/99
    RD 1/3/00
    EB1 India
    No FP received

No Title

If his ND is Jan 01 and FP on Mar 01 this cannot be true for VSC filers. MY ND is 1 Dec 00 and my FP was done in April.

No Title

At San Jose, you do not need to get an appointment. And, there is no need to go sit there at 3 am !! You can go there comfortably at 7 in the morning .. the office opens around 8:30 or 9 and they let you in on the basis of first come first served. In all it should take you maybe 1 hour or so to complete all your tasks. Remember, the office at San Jose is closed on Mondays.

No Title

The San jose office starts by 7 AM, but the queue starts one day before. Around 8 PM the day before you can see 25 people, around 1 AM it will be 50 people, around 5 AM it is > 200 people. That is why people are standing at night in San Jose. When my friend went at 6 AM morning , he was asked to come nextday. I hope they handle around 250 cases daily, and not only for I-485 but also for EADs,other applications...

Sharma, please note this is in...San Jose, CA

Good Luck.

No Title

Thanks Psharma. I have heard lot of horror stories about San Jose office. When did you get your stamping done? If this was your experience in the recent past I am very encouraged by it.
Oct200 I will update immitracker.

No Title

Please check desktops message. I believe things have changed since I was last there. Maybe, other people have a better grip on things since they have probably been there later.

No Title

eruprahgp,
are you sure your RD is DEC 00 and ND Jan 01?.
Did you transfer your case to CSC are something, if your RD/ND is late 00 than that\'s great. My ND is Dec 00 and I did my FP in April.