485 Approved per IIO (June RD)

kbelagan

Registered Users (C)
I just now talked to an IIO and she informed me that both mine and wife\'s 485 applications have been approved yesterday. The AVM still says the Dec 29th FP results received and processing has resumed....
I have not received the approval notices yet.

Here are my details:

PD: 06/99
RD: 06/18/01
ND: 08/20
WAC: 01-262xxxx
FP: 11/01 (scheduled 11/23 or 11/20)
Nov 16th pending review message
Dec 29th processing resumed message

AD: 02/19/02

Boy..oh..boy the wait was getting unbearable and finally the news....

This site has been a great source of support throughout the process

Thanks Pcee the Great for maintaining the lists, PCee hats off for your patience, efficiency, helpfulness, determination and the service you are providing to this forum. I hope your approval is around the corner.

Also, Thanks to CIBA and Mr. Rajiv Khanna

congrats

after 3 - 4 days message will appear on avm and after 6 days u will get approval notice in mail

Congratulations kbelagon. you are off my list

Congratulations and enjoy the freedom GC brings with it. Take a vacation to Europe or something. I have a list of NDs around mine and you are one of them. I tick off you and kishur from my list. I am with ND 08.21 with wac263.

I have a feeling

that lots of June RD approvals are on the line, In fact lot of June RD\'s may already have been approved like me but the AVM has not been updated to reflect the same...hope you get urs soon...

Congratulations

Congrats Kbelagan. As before ( you got EAD and AP ahead of me ), you got the approvals before me. I sincerely wish you all success in life. Honestly this is another significant milestone in our life.

Tamizhan

kbelagan, pls. post when yr AVM

message is updated to "APPROVED". Congrats on your approval. Thanks.

Received approval notice in the mail today (02/22), AVM still not updated with the approval message.

Passport Stamped at SantaAna

I got my passpost stamped at Santa Ana today (02/25), reached there at around 11:30 am, I initially thought I was doomed seeing the long line at the security check but luckily the line was for the IRS office, when we told the guard that we were going to the INS, he let us passthrough.

We went to the 3rd floor to get the ticket, there were about 20 ppl. ahead of us, we waited for 15 mins and got our tickets and proceeded to the 5th floor, our numbers were already on the display by the time we reached the 5th floor. My wife and I were given different numbers, so we went to different windows, both the officers were clumsy, one of them made a mistake in writing down my wife\'s name, he just crossed off the name and wrote next to it, the other officer was in a hurry to go to lunch and he did not even fill the form, hopefully he did remember to fill it up later.

The other thing I came to know at stamping is that the actual cards get mailed to the attorney by default and you have to explicitly ask the officer to send them to your house If you do want the card mailed to your house.

The three things I learned are:

i. Try to avoid lunch timings
ii. Although you and your spouse are given different token numbers, you could still go to the same window (a friend told me this after the stamping)
iii. If you do want the cards mailed to your residence, you should indicate your preference to the officer.

The entire process took us around 35-40 mins.

how to call IIO?

I searched in the forum by keyword "IIO" but too many posts appeared. I wonder which phone # I should call and anything to notice when speaking? Is it also 949-831-8427. Thanks. I apologize if this post should not appear here.

Thanks for such a detailed desc

K, We will most probably be going to the Santa Ana Office for Stamping too so your desc will definitely come in handy, especially the part where both (spouse and you) can go to the same window, and to avoid lunch times.

Good luck with the rest of your life here and congrats once again...

Sid

The number is

949 831 8427, the trick is getting thru, most of the times it is busy, you just have to keep trying and trying, the best times to call are aroung 8:30 am or 1:30 pm, I always got thru at around 1:30 - 2:00