485 Approved per AVM

SufferedFromTSC

Registered Users (C)
Today I heard on AVM that my case has been approved on Sept. 21st. Surprisingly until yesterday it was saying \'your application was received...blah blah blah\'. So I guess TSC takes about 4 days+ to update AVM system.

Anyway, here are the details for those who care

SRC-00-212-xxxxx
PD : Sep 97
RD : Jun 00
ND : Jul 00
FP : Aug 00

Second EAD just renewed last month. As you can see, I \'suffered from TSC\' for total 4 years !!! 30 months for Labor Cert, 4 months for I-140 and 14 months for I-485 !!!

No, never called any congressman or senetor. Nor ever called IIO (never could get through TSC number during business hours).

Finally the long walk in dark tunnel is over. But don\'t know what will I do with this green colored shit in such bad economy. Two years ago it could have benefited a lot.

Congratulations!

I believe your case was EB2 and TSC is working on EB2 cases now.
I have same approval date and AVM was updated on 09/24.

No Title

Most of the cases that were filed after April 2000 till end of 2000 are EB2 or EB1 cases for China and India, since the priority dates regressed in April 2000. So most of the approvals for this period will be EB2 or EB1 cases

Ganti

No Title

IMO, it looks like TSC has started a separate
product line processing EB2 cases. We are all aware that
there are a lot of EB3\'s that are pending from 08/99 onwards.
The spate of approvals recently of EB2 cases in range
from Jun 00 thru Aug 00 supports this observation.

eb2/3

ganti/ tsc0900:

what makes the difference for EB2 or EB3 in 485 stage if visa always current?
tks.

No Title

It doesn\'t make any difference EB2 or EB3 during 485 stage, but there are not many EB3 485 applications from May to Dec last year from India and China because of PD push back. So most of the approvals come from this period will be EB1 or EB2.

No Title

What ganti saying is right in that there were not a lot of EB3 filings during that period
(May 00 to Dec 00). That said, the EB1/2/3 cases will be filed separately
within TSC. They may also have separate product lines processing these cases.
This may be reason why we are getting approvals of EB2 cases as late as 09/00
whereas EB3 is processing in the range from 08/99 to 05/00. The number of
EB3 pending cases have to be cleared up to catch up with the EB2 dates.

EB2 vs EB3

The difference between EB2 and EB3 processing time is because of the priority date. Theoretically, there should be no difference between EB2 and EB3. However, remember that between 1999 and 2000 there was a period that all EB\'s became current and then priority date moved back afterwards. From the second quarter of 2001, priority date became current for EB2 first and then gradually EB3 became current. That is why you see a lot of EB2 approvals recently. If you study MyLadder\'s list, you will find that it normally takes 14-16 months to process I-485 case (without priority date restrict and no disruptions in processing). But, if there is priority date involved, your case time could be priority date becoming current time plus 12 months.

No Title

Do you mean to say that EB3 cases filed from 08-99 thru 03-00 (when
dates were current) had been moved to the back of the list when the
PD\'s for these cases retogressed? That may well explain why EB2 cases
filed later (and PD always current) are being approved before EB3
cases filed prior to 04-00.

Yes

Yes, that is what I mean. If there is no priority date involved or any other disruption such as finger printing problem, birth certificate problem, wage issues, one should expect that his/her application approved in about 14 months. However, keep in mind that INS processing time is highly unpredictable.