485 Approved on 8/14/00

mp sol

Registered Users (C)
EB3, PD 8/96, RD&ND 7/99, RFE 8/15/00, Responce received by INS 9/12, Checked message on 8/17 to find \'This case has been approved on 8/14/00. My wife\'s 485 approved at the same time.

RFE asked for a birth certificate with both the parents\' name. Luckily parents were present in US so got a notarized affidavit to supplement the birth certificate.

Finally it\'s done after a wait of over five years.
Thanks to everyone who shared information. This board provided more hope than anything else out there and I am grateful to Rajiv Khanna for providing this forum.
Good Luck to all.

mps

No Title

Can you please confirm the dates? First you say 9/14, then you say 8/14 etc.
Thanks

No Title

How can you get an RFE on 08/15 and approval on 08/14????

Just Curious.....

manhi

No Title

Can you explain "notarized affidavit to supplement the birth certificate" . Did you put up affidavite here in US and got signed by your parents and submitted with the old birth certificate. It will be better if you can explain this in detail because most of us have only father \'s name on birth certificates .What was content of the "Affidavit".

No Title

The affidavit basically says that I am such and such, father/mother of xyz, and I here by confirm that xyz is my son and he was born on &&& date in ### city. Yes, the original birth certificate did get submitted with the application. My original birth certificate was from the hospital where I was born and they only had mother\'s name on the certificate. Of course the father\'s name is part of my mother\'s name, but it\'s the technicality.
They also asked for a letter from employer (a formality) and biographic info (another formality to check if anything has changed).
Another interesting fact that I omitted in the original message was the fact that my current position in my company is approved under EB2. I had a 140 approved for it, but the approval came after I had submitted the 485 for the EB3. So my lawyer also sent the approval for the current position with my company. This was just for the sake of consistency as my current position on the letter from the employer was different (a senior position) from that on the EB3 paperwork.
I am sorry for the typos on dates that caused confusion. I checked the message on 9/17 to find the case approved on 9/14. I was surprised at the efficiency since the message was just updated earlier in the week that info my lawyer sent was received by VSC on 9/12. I guess they are kicking butts at VSC and I am not complaining.

Once again good luck to all. Just hang in there, it will happen.

No Title

Congratulations MP SOL!

A question for you: You say that you filed a new EB2 I-140 to reflect your new upgraded position in your company. Did you use the same LC for this as the one you had used for the EB3, or did you also do a new LC? If you used the same LC, how did you justify the change in job description on the I-140?

No Title

My co had to do a new LC with EB2 classification and a subsequent new I-140.
INS requires a new LC for change in job (at least that\'s what my lawyer would have me believe).
I hope this helps.