485 Approved NSC-Chicago

Got Passport Stamped too

Hi All,

I got my passport stamped this Monday.

Reached Chicago INS center at 7:30am. Before you enter inside INS office, the security personnel will give you a ticket with number. You must keep this ticket because they will eventually ask for it at information counter. I will advise you to go earlier because there are only 600 tickets issued daily for all kind of paperwork. There were another 100-150 people behind us but by 10:00 they were not allowing anyone else to get in because they had already let 600 people inside. But it might have been more crowdy being Monday .

So waited an hour to get inside then another 1/2 hour for security then another 1 hour to get to information counter. There they took the previous ticket and gave another ticket with E-number. We waited for 1 hour and then INS people asked everybody waiting for adjustment to stand in a queue based on their E-number. We stood in Queue for about 2 more hours and by 12:00pm we got our index-finger finger-printed, signed on a form and got stamp in our passport and we were out of INS. You can take either lawyer\'s copy or your copy for stamping but it is better to have your copy with your current address. Then they will send the GREENCARD (though not green anymore) to your home. They told that if we change address while waiting for GREENCARD, we must inform INS. They also took I-94, EAD card and advance parole from us.

Another big step accomplished but till I get GC card in hand, though the wait is almost over but it is still not "FINALLY OVER"

hi

congraulations
how many days it took for you to get the notice after the date of approval
hopefull

No Title

I received my copy in 3 days and lawyer received in 4 days
I took both copies to get stamping but ended up using my copy
even though my copy said something like "This copy can not be used instead of original"
For those who only had lawyers copy, INS person was asking them to put their current address instead of lawyer\'s address.