485 Approved.Not Stamped yet. Is going on vacation OK?

gitam

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,
After repeated postphonements for 19 L...ONG months, we finally decided to go on vacation 2 months ago and purchased our tickets taking approval from our HR & Legal Dept.
As good luck would have it, our GC is approved today.
We are leaving to our home country after couple of days.
Our Legal Dept, says it is better if we go after Stamping is done
:( :((
They said sometime ago, one of our Co. Employee was in trouble in similar situation and his spouse who is in her homecountry was denied at POE and it took 6 months for her to get into US.
Situation is plain simple:

We were on H1 Visa till March' 03. Company asked us our EAD instead of filing H1 extension ( 485 RD: Feb11 2002). We have EAD and AP valid upto March 2004.
But our HR People saying it is better to get the Passports stamped and go.
We booked tickets and our parents are waiting eagerly there.
Vacation is approved at Client place.
It will take 2 -3 weeks for Approval notice to come in Mail and then to go for Stamping :(((
Is our Company over careful? Will I be in trouble if I go now and get our Passports stamped after coming back from vacation?
Legally, we never got Approval Notice yet.

Guys please help

As we have only 1 day left for our journey.
What is best?
Thanks
gitam

I would go if I were you. The stamping can wait! I've seen people here who were approved while they were outside the US, and they never had a problem entering the US. Why should you?

Go enjoy yourself, and be glad you're approved!

You can call BCIS first thing in the morning

Ask the IIO to get someone from Tier-2 (VSC folks). Then request them to send the approval notice by overnight express mail (you've to pay for it). Otherwise see if they can fax it to you.

You can try going for stamping as soon as you get the approval notice.

Otherwise..... Just go for vacation and use AP to re-enter.

p.s. BCIS phone # is 1-800-375-5283

Goodluck and congrats!

You will get your notice by Mon-Tuesday next week if all goes normally. Depending on the state and center you can find out the day for stamping(NYC is Friday). I would get stamped before leaving but depending on your circumstances you should make this call.

Re: Guys please help

Can you please tell your FP date and if you have gone for 2nd FP.
Thanks,

IF YOU GET STAMPED THEN THEY ARE NOT VALID ANYMORE. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE ASKED FOR.

Originally posted by vijayrc
General Question:-
After GC approval, is EAD/AP still valid?

It is no big deal as you have the Parole, while you come back you can get it stamped at POE. or else you could go to local BCIS after you come back.

As you have valid Parole, no need to go for stamping.

Re: Re: Guys please help

Originally posted by feb12rd
Can you please tell your FP date and if you have gone for 2nd FP.
Thanks,
Hi, My first FP done on July2 2002. No second FP.
BTW, our Attorney strongly advised me not to go out of the Country since 485 is approved. We decided to stay back and postphoned the journey by a month.
He said it is an extra care taken so that no troubles happen at POE. Didn't understand the logic, but had to agree with him as he said it would be tough to support me outside US.
Thanks for each of your inputs.
gitam

Originally posted by muppaneni
After waiting for 19 long months, it is not worth taking risk. Any thing can happen in this post 9/11 world. Goto your local INS office early in the morning, say around 4:00am and wait in the line for taking the number. Once you get the number, it is a mere formality to stamp your passport. Then you can spend your rest of vacation with peace of mind.

If I were you, I will not take risk after 485 is approved. Please post here about your decision. I feel that your HR is giving you a right advise.
Thanks for the advice.
We got the same quote from our Attorney today and postphoned our journey by 3 weeks. Hope it gets approved and we will catch flight soon.
Will update the forum once Passports stamped.
gitam