485 Approved - Name Check stuck candidate

shnarayagc

Registered Users (C)
Hello All

I am very happy to share the news that I got the magic life changing emails today. This forum has supported me several times when I have been down and loaded with useful information

I wrote to First Lady 1st Jan 2007. Got a reply from FBI April 1st week that my name check cleared on March 22nd. My lawyer enquired Friday April 6th. And voila the approvals April 19

I was very skeptical about the First Lady Route. I wrote to my senators and Congressmen on Jan 1st as well. Got sorry mails and said that they couldnt help. First Lady rocks!

=============================
My details :

EB3 - Labor Sub( PD Dec 1999) I40 applied : Feb 2004 - Approved : Nov 2004 (CSC)
I485 Jan 2005(CSC). Case transferred to TSC Oct 2005.
I485 Approved April 2007 ( No RFEs) Stuck in Namecheck.

congratulations: could you please share some info about your FPs when did you do you last FP. Was it after NC was cleared? and how long after FP you got the approval.
Thanks a lot

I did FP 3 times . Once in Feb 2005 ( after I485 receipt). Once in Nov 2005( Code 3 Biometrics). Once in Sep 2006(Code 3 again). I didnt get any recent FP notices after namecheck clearance as I think my FP was current.

Hello All

I am very happy to share the news that I got the magic life changing emails today. This forum has supported me several times when I have been down and loaded with useful information

I wrote to First Lady 1st Jan 2007. Got a reply from FBI April 1st week that my name check cleared on March 22nd. My lawyer enquired Friday April 6th. And voila the approvals April 19

I was very skeptical about the First Lady Route. I wrote to my senators and Congressmen on Jan 1st as well. Got sorry mails and said that they couldnt help. First Lady rocks!

My details :

EB3 - Labor Sub( PD Dec 1999) I40 applied : Feb 2004 - Approved : Nov 2004 (CSC)

congrats for ur approvals...

samething for me also , i wrote letter to FL, in jan , last week i got letter from FBI my name check is cleared on March 28..informed to INS also.
FL letters works for me also.

u tell me after u got letter from FBI, ur lawyer called to INS ...after u got approvals...rite ?

b'case i have to do like that only in my case also.NC is cleared.
plzz reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes..I made my lawyer do an inquiry. She did it on April 6th over phone. And after that I have my approval on April 19th. I think that triggered them to look at my case. Please do the same. I tried calling TSC but that didnt help.Only my lawyer's inquiry helped.

Hey shnarayagc,

Congratulation, You got it dude, take it as a spirit that you would achieve any thing basing your Name Check experiance, It has involved with long patience which is more power than any thing.

Even I am in the same boat like you. My NC cleared from First Lady on Jan 30. I have opened inquiry , and got a reply that USCIS would send me a decision in 60 days. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards,
TXLCRIR

Hello All

My details :

congrats, very happy for you. I sent you a private message. hope to hear from you.

congrats for ur approvals...

samething for me also , i wrote letter to FL, in jan , last week i got letter from FBI my name check is cleared on March 28..informed to INS also.
FL letters works for me also.

u tell me after u got letter from FBI, ur lawyer called to INS ...after u got approvals...rite ?

b'case i have to do like that only in my case also.NC is cleared.
plzz reply.

does the letter that u got from FBI mention when they received ur letter from first lady?if so what was that date?

u mentioned also before, that you got a letter from first lady office that they forwarded ur letter to agency. when u received that letter and what was the date on it?

Congrats, shnarayagc. Can you please let me know, how did you make an inquiry to the first lady. Is there a preferred format? Did you mail / fax the letter.
Thanks,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PD Sept -2001, EB2, INDIA
Trasferred 3/7/07 from VSC to TSC.
Stuck in name check

Please find the exact letter that I sent...I dont have the address that i sent to. If you search the forums/google you will get the address of White house.

I sent it by regular mail.
===================================

From, Date:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXx

To,
First Lady Mrs. Laura Bush
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sub: Assistance in expediting FBI background (name) check for Green Card (I-485)

Dear Mrs.Bush,

With reference to the subject above, I need your assistance in expediting background (name) check from FBI. This has been pending for past 24 months from Jan 2005 which usually takes 2 days. My Priority Date is current in the December Visa Bulletin, but my case will get approved only if my name check is cleared. Please help me to get the name check expedited from FBI.
I am a very successful Software Engineer and have been working in US for the past 8.5 years. I need to be a permanent resident to progress in my career. Green card has been a stumbling block for me in shuffling jobs and cities. It has also affected my international assignments, a key player in my career path. Also, I am aspiring to do my fulltime MBA and the pending status does not permit me to do so. However, if name check pending from FBI continues, my career will just halt there for years after years. We need your kind help in getting the clearance of FBI name check expedited.
My details are as given below.

Name:
Address:
Phone number:
A#:
Date of birth:
Date/place application was filed:
Current Service Center:
Receipt number:
Finger print date(s):

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards,

Please find the exact letter that I sent...I dont have the address that i sent to. If you search the forums/google you will get the address of White house.

From, Date:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXx

To,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sub: Assistance in expediting FBI background (name) check for Green Card (I-485)

Dear Mrs.Bush,

With reference to the subject above, I need your assistance in expediting background (name) check from FBI. This has been pending for past 24 months from Jan 2005 which usually takes 2 days. My Priority Date is current in the December Visa Bulletin, but my case will get approved only if my name check is cleared. Please help me to get the name check expedited from FBI.
I am a very successful Software Engineer and have been working in US for the past 8.5 years. I need to be a permanent resident to progress in my career. Green card has been a stumbling block for me in shuffling jobs and cities. It has also affected my international assignments, a key player in my career path. Also, I am aspiring to do my fulltime MBA and the pending status does not permit me to do so. However, if name check pending from FBI continues, my career will just halt there for years after years. We need your kind help in getting the clearance of FBI name check expedited.

Name:
Address:
Phone number:
A#:
Date of birth:
Current Service Center:
Receipt number:
Finger print date(s):

Best regards,

does the letter that u got from fbi mention when ur letter was forwarded from first lady to fbi?

Thanks for sharing the letter. I would like to know did ou write 2 letter for you and your spouse or did u put detaisl fo both of you in same letter. Or did you write 2 separate letters one by you and one by your spouse explaining your importance in benefitting US people. and sent the 2 letters in same envelope.

From, Date:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXx

To,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Mrs.Bush,

Name:
Address:
Phone number:
A#:
Date of birth:
Current Service Center:
Receipt number:
Finger print date(s):

Best regards,

I wrote just for myself. I didnt mention any details about my spouse as his namecheck was cleared. I was the primary applicant. If you think your spouse's name check is pending as well, you can just put it in the same letter and mention it in the main paragraph.

Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom!

Quick question: When writing to the FL, did you include any other documents with your letter (e.g., FOIPA, I-485 notices, etc.) or did you send the letter only?

Thanks, and congratulations again!

Firstly Congratulation!!
Did you get any letter from First lady office When you first sent the letter to their office or else directly you received FBI letter. I sent couple of times but i didnot get any letter from FL office.