485 Approved :-) EB3 (RIR)

485Waiter98

Registered Users (C)
It was great to hear on the AVM yesterday that my family\'s and my case got approved.
My details are : EB2 ---> got changed to EB3 (RIR), PD May 98, RD I485 --> Aug 99, FP Aug 2000, RFE May 2001 (RFE related to wife\'s birth certificate, in reply send affidavits from her father and mother), received by INS on Jun 06 2001, Approved June 12 2001.
Note Regarding Birth certificate: It is better to have the actual birth certificate along with affidavits while filing for I485 but for me the Consulate one worked.

Waiting for the approval notice, now...

This site has been very helpful and Rajiv is doing a great job by maintaining it.

And to All the GC waiters I would just say just hang in there and you would hear the golden words one day too. I know the GC wait is a killing one. One tends to think that life is not fair sometimes but life should go on and it is faith which would matter at the end, as God has his own ways which cannot be questioned.

Would let you all know my PP stamping experience once it is done.

Best of luck to you all...

No Title

Well! it was not me who changed it but the INS people thought that my case should have been in EB3 instead, as the labor was applied as an EB3 case. Later I140 was applied as EB2 case (as the lawyer told me that category is decided in the I140 stage) which got approved too. When I called IIO after my date became current as per EB2, I was told my case should be in EB3 instead and then rest was history.

Anyway, thanks to everybody for their nice messages.
Best of luck to you all again...

No Title

485Waiter98,

Why RFE for your wife? Did you not attach her affidavits while submitting I-485 papers?

I am asking because for my wife I provided her non-availability letter from Municipality and one affidavit from her mother. I see everyone else is providing two affidavits. I think there might be an RFE for this.

Any comments?

Thx.