485 approved but.....

hellomass

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
There are a few of us who have had their 485 approved but have to wait for biometrics notice, and the actual biometrics, before they will order the cards. Maybe we can track those cases in this thread. My approval was on April 9th. Haven't received my biometrics notice yet. I know a few others in the same boat. One case of biometrics completion after approval that I know of is timaeuti. Are there any others? Please post your details if you had to/are going through this stick with a carrot routine.

I know it is a bit selfish for us to worry about just this mere formality when a lot of our friends here are still waiting for absurd reasons just to get approvals. But when the end is in sight and one has to still wait for them to set up an appointment at an ASC which normally is not very busy one gets frustrated. Not to say it also affects driving license renewals, travel etc.

Thanks,
hellomass

see details

Husbands case (primary) got approved on 22nd march2006.. he has recd biometrics scheduled for 25th may.
Myself still stuck in name check. getting impatient.

same...

my husband's and my cases were approved march 20, he received his biometrics notice end of april, had them done in may 2nd and already received his GC by mail. And my case is stuck! I call them 2-3 times a week and they always tell me that it's being taken care of (by some superviser) and still nothing.... Infopass appointment didn't work, they say I have to wait. :(

the Mar Approvals have received Bio FP in Apr scheduled for May,
So can Apr Approvals expect in May scheduled for June ?

Me too in same boat. 485 AD Apr 19. Waiting for Bio FP.

End of Feb I saw LUD and recd FP 2 (Code 1) Notice 1st Week of Mar.
Assuming that the same holds true for this Bio FP ,
i am constantly checking my LUDs. Guys if you see updates. Please post here...

So close but not yet there .. frustrates
thanks

A question for you all is that what is your case status on uscis.gov. Is it card ordered or 485 approved. Because looks like 485 approval letter for everybody is same format("before you get card, you may have to do biometrics......"

my uscis status says this case has been approved. A letter had been mailed and if you do not receive it within 30 days please check your address.....etc.
No mention of card ordered

jagoo said:
A question for you all is that what is your case status on uscis.gov. Is it card ordered or 485 approved. Because looks like 485 approval letter for everybody is same format("before you get card, you may have to do biometrics......"

second approval

Something weird has happened. A message appeared online about case approval on May 15. It's weird because our cases have been approved in March 20 and my husband already had his biometrics done and received a GC (and I am still "patiently" waiting for biometrics appointment notice). Does anyone have any idea what that could mean? :confused: Thanks!

bio without appointment

Hi Folks,
Has anybody tried to get the biometrics done without appointment and who was in our situation? I did see one person archer747 was able to do that. Has anybody else tried it? with what results? Did you/not get the cards etc.
Please share as it can help people like us take some action instead of waiting for the uscis which seems to be working at a sporadic rate at best (maybe an understatement?..:) ).
Thanks,
hellomass

Last edited by a moderator:
One up one down

I see from the posts that archer747 had a pleasant experience and tahito was refused a biometrics. That's a 50% rate of approval. Any more people with any experiences? If we can predict the success rate maybe more of us can try...

hellomass

finally biometrics date

Hi folks,
Just received my letter for biometrics appointment. It was mailed on 05/24 and the appointment is for 06/06 at the nearest ASC where I had gone for my fingerprints and photograph for my 2nd EAD card. I485 was approved on 04/09 so just shy of 2 months. They had asked me to call after 2 months when I had called after 1 month of approval.
All the best to the rest of you.
Thanks,
hellomass

I-485 Approved from VSC...

My I-485 has been approved on May 2, 2006. Rec'd Approved letter on 05/10/06.

I-485
Receipt Date: 11/08/02
FP1:12/12/02
FP2: 07/02/05
Approved Date: 05/01/2006

Rec'd Code 2 Biometrics for 06/03/06. Should I be getting my green card after my Biometrics.

Thanks folks.
Goodluck to everyone.

biometrics done

Husband did biometrics on 25th may(approval date march 22nd) and yesterday online status changed to card mailed to applicant.

Approved on 4/17 and I got the biometric notice 5/30 for 6/10.

Oh and I tried to get the passport stamped by making an infopass appointment but they wouldn't do it.

Guys if you're waiting for the biometric letter, just wait, there's really nothing you can do. You are a permenant resident, if your case is approved, meaning you can work anywhere with the approval notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
card

they used to be pretty quick about cards. i saw people's updates where they got cards within 5 days of biometrics. but recent updates have been slow. where cards were ordered on the same day as biometrics but they weren't mailed for about a week and then it depends on where one lives to get them in mail.
i guess they are getting busier.
thanks,
hellomass

good news!

I went to ACS office without an appointment letter and had my biometrics done (june 2nd). :D I see a lot of people received biometrics notices this week for cases that had been approved in april-may. My case has been approved in march 20 and I was supposed to received biometrics sometimes in the middle of may and if i didn't go myself I would have waited forever. So I don't know really if there is nothing that you can do and if you really should just sit and wait. I know there were people that did bio without appointment notice. That encouraged me to go. Today I received an e-mail that my GC was ordered. My husband received his GC in 6 days after he had bio done. Hope they will not screw up again and I will finally receive GC next week (also because my drivers license expires next week and I am tired to have it renewed every year). Good luck to those who wait!

biometrics

Went for my biometrics today 06/06/2006 with appointment letter. There is an LUD on my account but no message change so far. Hopefully they will order card soon.

hellomass

Most of our friends got their cards 3-4 days after receiving their approval notice. They didn't have to go for any more biometrics. Why do some people need to go for biometrics? My approval letter came in yesterday. I had done my FP2 in March 2006 itself. Should I expect a biometrics notice?