485 Approved, but still pending for spouse

kva

Registered Users (C)
I and my spouse both applied for 485 at same time, I got the approval on 18th June but my spouse 485 is still pending.

Does anybody had the same situation?. I am thinking of calling svc center.

Is it better to wait for some more time or make an inquiry through attorney?

Svc Center : NSC
Priority Date : Jan 2003
485 ND : July 2003
485 AD : 18th June 2007

Thanks
Kva

call them

There is an option where they ask if you believe that your spouse's case may be separeated from yours. Say yes...Good Luck

My wife called customer service center and they told her that she will get approval soon. They have not opened any inquiry. Need to try calling customer svc again to open service request.

Similar Situation

I am in a similar situation, but I am not sure if it is as a result of my wife resheduling her fingerprint date.

There is an option where they ask if you believe that your spouse's case may be separeated from yours. Say yes...Good Luck
Isn't that the oft "abused" method to talk to an IO ;) ;) ??

Good luck in getting an IO that is not irritated and frustrated - you'll need it.

same here

My case was recently approved, by my spouse's case is still pending. I had opened a service request today.

no information yet

I did not get any info from USCIS for my status enquiry. We received the card by mail for my case.
But the status of my spouse's case still remains pending.

Similar but not same situation.. Both my wife's and my 485 got approved but, my wife got card mailed e-mail notification and got the physical green card on saturday, but I did not get this e-mail and so, I did not get the physical green card.. Still waiting.. I will open enquiry after 30 days, as given in the card ordered e-mail.

Mine approved but wife's pending?

Mine is approved today, but my spouse's status is still pending. I am guessing reason could be her finger prints got expired as she gave her finger prints some time back in 2005.

What I need to do now? Any suggestions please.

PD Oct 2002
RD Dec 2003
AD June 26

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello folks, I am in the same situation as well. My status changed to 'Card Production Ordered' but my wife's is still pending. Planning to call the TSC and open a SR...If any of you have other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks
SriKrishna

Got apporval for spouse also

Today we got the welcome notice for my wife, card should be on it's way as per email. Finally we will stop thinking about GC after 4 years.

Good luck to all.

-Kva

How do I talk to an Immigration Officer ?

the customer service number is managed by some govt contracted call center who just reads word for word off of the online status of the case which everyone has access to.

thx

Derivative pending

Hi Kva,

Congratulations..
I am in the same situation as you were.. my wife's case is still pending.
Did you open service request or called the customer service to enquire about your wife's case?

If any one in the same situation as me..
Also end of July we applied for extension of our EAD/AP for which we got biometic appointments.. as my 485 approved should I go for biometics appointment?

see my signature

PD -- 11/2001
485 10/2004 RD
140 10/2004 RD
140 04/2005 AD
485 05/2007 rfe bc
485 08/2007 AD
wife still pending..:confused:

Wife's Approval

Hi Guys, Got my wife's approval, mine got approved 4 weeks ago.
Thanks God,
Thanks to the Forum, Thanks to Rajeev and all who contributed to this wonderful site. Best wishes to all who are in line.

LC PD = July 2003
I-485 Applied = Jan 2004
4 EAD’s
4 AP’s
I-485 approved = July 2007 for self and for Wife = Aug 2007

approval notice

Hi All,
I received green card on 8/18 but never received any approval notice email or physical mail..

Please advise me if any one of you in the same situation? Also is it required have approval notice?

Thanks

Also my wife case is still pending mine got approved on 8/13 and received card on 8/18 but no approval notice or mail

I was in the same boat but got the approval last week

I got the approval notice and GC last month with my Son but my wife didn't get the approval until last week but finally we got her approval notice and GC same day last Saturday :) :)

Now we are done with it.:)

Here is what I did, I took Infopass and talk to IO about my wife case, she immediately called NSC and talked with them, spent around 20-25 mins over the phone and came back with answer that you should receive the GC within 30 days as it was assigned to different IO and he is working on all such type of cases where primary applicant got GC but secondy aren't.

So Guys hang tight you should all be receiving GC for your spouses soon!!

Not to worry, I know unitl you get it, it will keep on disturbing you but DON'T worry!!

Take care,

:) :)

My case was approved on 7/24, still waiting for wife's approval. Will it help following up this with IO. Does wife need to be on the line as well when speaking to IO?