485 Approved after Interview at Dallas Local INS

2001Dream

Registered Users (C)
First of all I would like to thank all the folks who are contributing to this discussion board with invaluable information.

My case details are
EB2
PD: 9/17/99
RD: 1/4/01
ND: 1/15/01
FP: 12/18/01
Transfer from Texas Service center to Dallas Local INS: 1/7/02
Interview letter received: 3/10/02
Interview at Dallas Local INS: 4/1/02
I-485 approval: 4/1/02

Case details:
I had been arrested on DWI charge sometime back and I have checked YES for the section in I-485, which asks for prior arrest record. I am assuming our law firm had submitted a letter explaining what happened (that’s what I have been told but I never looked at the letter myself). There was no accident involved during the DWI arrest (and no cop chasing melodramatic drama involved). It was simply a misjudgment involved on my part in driving a vehicle when I should have abstained from driving. The document that INS is looking for in this type of case is the certified copy of probation release document from the court that adjudicated the case.

The interview:
There was a 45-minute delay in the INS officer calling us in for the interview then what was mentioned on the interview letter. To start of with she asked questions about the correctness of the information entered on the I-485. When the section where I have checked yes for any previous arrest came around the officer had asked me about what happened the day I had gotten DWI. I had explained the whole truth of what had happened and she asked me for the probation discharge documents from the court. The only two other documents she had asked during the interview were the company letter and the latest pay stub. After that, she has stamped the passport with the I-551 stamp and she congratulated us on getting the green card. While leaving she just cajoled jokingly not to drink and drive.

Our law firm lawyer was present along with us for the interview and would suggest having your lawyer represent anyone attending an interview at a local INS office, if not for anything else just as a moral booster that he will take care of if anything goes wrong.

I would congratulate all the folks how have crossed this milestone in their life and would advice those waiting their turn the end is near.

BYE

congrats

njoy and hav fun..
so looks like it helps it the application is xferred from TSC to local office..is that so? or its just pure luck!!!

My case also also being transfered to INS Dallas office for interview

Congrats, thank you for your input.

Today, when I check my case status, the AVM changed to on04/04/02, this case has being ttranferred to Dallas office for an interview\', however, only principal applicant being transfered, the AVM for spouse and two children remain unchanged (\'...650-725 days...\').

My case details: China, 12/1996: B2 entering USA; B2->L1(4/1997); I-140(12/1999); I-485(4/2000); FP1(10/2000); FP2(3/2002); on 04/04/2002, principal applicant being transtered to Dallas office for an interview.

I would like to get some of your advises such as what kind of documents to be bringed, what\'s the common question the officer may ask, etc. or you may email me some of your advise to michael1999w@yahoo.com, thank you very much.

congrats 2001dreamer and a question?

I was charged with DUI and placed under court supervision until july 2002. By probation release documents u mean court supervision documents in my case. I am planning to go to INDIA in may or june this year for my H-1 B stamping. What r ur suggestions.......Do u think i have to wait until the date is over........Please help..........

No Title

When applying for residency, I would recommend to disclose as they will be doing extensive check. For H1-B I do not beleive you need to be worried. Again this advise is not from a legal person of entity, contact your attorney for further input.

Disclousre at H1B Visa...

Hi 2001Dreamer ...
COngrats on the Green Card ....
One Quick Question .. Have you ever disclosed the DWI at the time of H1B visa revalidation? . I know u have on ur I485 ..

Or Have the officer asked this about at the Interview ..?

Thanks,