485 Approved After 2nd FP

kmca

Registered Users (C)
Checked Online and AVM yesterday, Myself and my wife's 485 got approved on 5/22/03.

Mostly I have been a Silent Observer of this Forum, This site and Rupnet have helped me a lot , it gives a little idea of where one stands in the processing inspite of all the uncertainities and vagueness.

After our fingerprints expired, We had an appointment for 2nd FP on April 29th, We went in advance and did our FP on April 8th.

I have updated Rupnet.

All the best to Everyone and especially I wish all of you that are Waiting for a Speedy Approval.......

------------------
R/D - 8/16/01 N/D - 9/22/01
FP - 12/6/01 RFE - 12/17/02
INS Received RFE 1/7/03

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on 2nd FP and approval

kmca,

You have mentioned that you got your 2nd finger print notice for April 29th, but did it in advance for April 8th. Can you do that?

I am also in the same boat as you were. I have been called for 2nd FP on June 5th. Just wanted a confirmation from you that you did your 2nd FP on April 8th and got approval on May 22nd.

Please respond

Thanks for all the Wishes...

kjkool:
My RFE was for Employment Letter

pattagreen:
From this forum I came to know that it was possible to go for fingerprinting as soon as you receive the appointment letter, I took my chances and went there to the Application Service Center as soon as I received the appointment letter and we had no problems in doing our fingerprints in advance on April 8th. (No questions were asked). I personally think this (going in advance for fingerprinting) has indeed helped me in getting the approval faster on May 22nd.

Thanks KCMA for your valuable information.

I am in the same boat and received my 2nd FP notice. By the way it will be helpfull if you can tell me, are u in the seattle area?

Has anyone been to seattle office for early FP?

Thanks,

jay_gc2001,

I have been to seattle office for early FP and there there is no issue for that.

gcmay01

Thanks man. You are the GOD.

I think you mean, I can go at previous date without taking an appointmant?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Is there any fee involed in second fp ?

Hi,

Is there any fee involved in the 2nd fp ? I have to go for my second fp next month. I want to know what documents to carry. The letter said bring passport, and other state issued id's.

Thanks,

Toughdba.

toughdba:

There is no fee for 2nd Fingerprinting.

Your fingerprint notice/appointment letter and your drivers licence would be enough for your fingerprinting. I took my passports to be on the safer side for additional ID.