485 APPROVED (140REDO ) Suri, Despo, et.al

Venkat1

Registered Users (C)
I was shocked!!! and surprised!! when I heard last night that my 485 is
approved (my wife\'s case is aproved also). AD - Nov 7th.
I was n\'t expecting anything to happen before Christmas. Usually every week
after I submitted the 140 redo application I was checking the status of my 140 case number. The message was "Received on bla blah.. blah). I never bothered to check 485 case numbers. Last night I got the same message for 140. I just checked 485 for the fun of it. I was expecting "On September we mailed you RFE blah blah .blah..". But , the message was "This case is approved. On Nov 7th...". My employer (or lawyer) has n\'t received the 140 approval letter yet & the message is also not updated for 140.
My RFE was for name change.
I feel greatly relieved & very happy.

Suri, Despo, sinha, aquaLung.et.al.: I hope & pray that your cases get approved soon as well. I just do not understand (I do but I don\'t like) why INS is not following the simple "First Come First Served" scheme. While I feel happy that mine is approved, I feel sorry for you folks who filed earlier than me. Good luck.

myladoor: My entry is in tracker as "VENKAT1". Thanks for maintaing this site. I am sure others appreciate your work as well. (It is also in 485.homepage.com)

Here goes my sob\' story.....

I started this whole GC process way back in Sept\'94 after I graduated. I was n\'t that serious about the whole thing at that time. Once my employer said they won\'t do it. So, I had to change the employer (lost about a year). Then, one arrogant lawyer (who claims 97% approval rate) screwed up . If you are living in Washington DC suburb, you probably know (easy to guess) whom I\'m taking about. (lost about 2 years). Then, an inefficent Desi lawyer messaged up (lost about 6 months). Then, I restarted the whole process with a new employer in late 97 & a new lawyer. This time everything went smoothly except for the 140 redo part. Enough of bad mouthing lawyers, employers....
While I feel happy for folks whose cases get approved without any problem in a much shorter time, I fully sympathaize with other long waiters..I know how you must be feeling. I wish new comers easier time with this whole messy process (especially with the passing of new law).

Good luck to everyone.

I will keep visiting this site atleast for a month. Feel free to ask questions.

I sincerely wish to thank lawyer Mr.Rajiv Kanna for maintaining this site, and folks who contribute to this site, isn.org, myladoor (& earlier folks) for mainating immitracker, 485.homepage. These sites are the only source of strength (& information) during this long wait.

Questions: I will try to search this site. But, anyone knows whether I should have orginal approval or courtesy copy is sifficient for stamping in Arlington, va? Also should the expiration date on passport be atleast 6 months? I did n\'t pay attention to earlier postings. Appreciate your help.

Good luck everyone
venkat

No Title

Venkat,

My heartly congratulations!!. I am testing my luck this week and next week.

No Title

Thanks Suri & Govinda. My 140 REDO details.
Received RFE dated Sep 26th on Oct 2nd. (redo 140 for company name change).
Sent 140 papers along with RFE on Oct 6th.
Received 140 receipt notice (RD oct 10th, nd oct 13th)
485 approved on nov 7th (140 still not changed). Hope this helps

No Title

Congrats venkat
Who is your employer?. The lawyer you mentioned is messing up my application.

No Title

Wow! Congratulations, guy!!

Just when you start getting despondent (thus the name!) about the state of affairs, something like this comes along and lifts your spirits up--at least for a while.

No Title

485 approved last Saturday(!) 11/4 after 2 was of 140 redo approval.
received courtesy copy y\'day.

No Title

suri,
i don\'t know the exact I140 ammend details, lawyer did not send 140 approval notice to me. but the approx dates are:
I140 redo ND - mid Sept
I140 redo approval - mid Oct
I485 approval - 11/4 (PD 4/96 RD/ND 6/99)

Good luck!

No Title

Heartiest Congratulations, Venkat1!! Make the most of your new found independence!!

BTW, it is quite probable that your I140 is also approved, but the case status hasn\'t been updated yet.

Lately, we have been seeing a lot of RFE cases being approved; probably VSC is not pulling in new cases for adjudications.

No Title

Hi Venkat,
I need somehelp from you. Was your case some thing like mine. My company name has changed after I got my I 140 approved and I have filed my I 485 with new company name(same employer). My lawyer says amendment of I 140 is not required. Could u please tell me your was also some situation. If so what are my options? Please reply and I will be thankful for you help.

No Title

pss,

I\'m in the same condition as you; My lawyer recommended filing amendment and have done so about a month back. VSC hasn\'t issued an RFE (so far) for my case.