485 Approvals happen according to FP Notice Dates

No Title

anita3,
There is a national FP scheduling system which schedules FPs based on your RD and FPLocation (ASC). I think Phoenix is a bit faster! You should have got your FPs long back! I think it is better to talk to an IIO and/or send FAX enquiries etc.
-PCee

Then I am really unlucky

I have done all that what you have mentioned.
1) My lawyer says he has faxed an inquiry ( I although I have no proof
that he has )
2) My lawyer and me had a conference call with and officer and she
told me that it would take 15 days ( which was in feb. 3 1/2 months back )
3) My lawyer spoke to an officer after that who promised to take care
of it.
4) I went to LAGUNA NIGUEL personally about 15 days back. The lady at
the information counter told me that once I make an inquiry it would
take 3 months to look at my file and take action. She also told me if
I make another inquiry, it would delay my case further as they would
take another 3 months from the date of inquiry.

If you have any suggestions please let me know and I will do it.

Right now I am frustrated and everyday go with a hope in my heart that
my mailbox may contain my FP notice.

No Title

JayKon,
Sorry to hear that. I think what IIO told is not correct (..will take 3 months to pull your case to look into it, and any further enquiry will further delay it)!

1. Make sure that fax enquiry is sent to proper fax number (In that AILA fax enquiry sheet it says you need to send it to Div IV but now a days it seems I-485 is being handled by Div I).
2. Regarding fax enquiries follow the specified time gap and keep sending the faxes until the issue resolved. I am surprised why you didn\'t send any further fax enquiries after the first one!
3. Yes, some IIOs are very helpful and they do look into the matter. If it is not resolved I guess there is nothing wrong in calling back.

To give you some hope:
One of my friend had similar problem with FPs (but he moved at the time of FP notices though!) and didn\'t get FPs. He had to send several fax enquiries and several chats with IIOs, He also mailed couple of letters through registered post enquiring about FPs and finally he got an e-mail from an officer from CSC saying that FPs are in the mail and he got them with in couple of days after that.

Good luck to you
PCee
Link for Fax enquiry sheet(s): http://www.elirich.com/aug9.htm Again note that for I-485 use DivI

Getting FP

I had a similar problem with getting my FP. No number of faxes helped. Got it finally when my Lawyer user the liasion office at INS for Immigration Lawyers

PCee, Can I send the fax myself ?

Who should be sending the fax enquiry ?

When I spoke to my attorney, she says the processing is random and she cannot do any thing at this stage.

Please advise !

Thanks.

Thanks PCee,Spoke to the lawyer

Thanks PCee, I have spoken to my lawyer. Is there any chance I can do
the faxes myself. That way I dont have to keep on calling my lawyer
who is not that interested in talking to me anymore.

Waiting for FP notice in Phoenix

I\'ve been waiting for my FP notice for a long time now. RD/ND is first few days of January, got AP and EAD a while back (month ago for the EAD, further back for AP).
Why am I not getting my FP notice? What is the normal time for FP notice in Phoenix? Any replies greatly appreciate.

No Title

JayKon,
Yes, you can send on your own, but I think it is better if your lawyer colud do that. It is possible that even after sending all fax enquiries (by following time schedule) still you may not get any response from INS. In those situations your lawyer can contact AILA/INS liason and get it resolved. I think it is prerequisite to first send fax enquiries before contacting AILA/INS liasion.

Goodluck
PCee