485 Approval without FP

sunnykav

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Here is my question? Can 485 be approved without FP done? We are some unfortunate souls in Ohio who have been waiting for more than 4 months and I know people from June/July have never heard of FP? Rumor is we are seeing may be May/June RDs for FP. I recently heard from a friend through his lawyer that 485\'s could be approved without FP and after 485 approval you can go for FP. Is it possible or his lawyer is BSing.

Thanks
Sunny

From what I heard, when INS is processing files for a particular period

They send FP notice to those candidates who are not done yet with FP as INS still "officially" processing April cases, they will send FP notices to May/June people who are still waiting soon! This is what I heard. I do not think 485 would be approved with out FP rather my guess is they could send an RFE and FP notice to those!

No Title

Sunny\'s lawyer might be right. i have heard the same thing as well. Like CP people gets their green card approved at the consulate and FP are taken at the port of entry.

I think that is right

I went to baltimore INS to enquire about my FP Notice they told me same thing. They said some times there might be chance to approve the case without fp. They will take the FP on the same interview day at the local INS Office.

If that\'s true then I have got a pretty good chance of approval without FP

My RD is June 28 01. My FP is scheduled in March 18 at Manchester. From the June approvals I am seeing, I have a pretty good chance of approval