485 approval, what does it mean

tpass001

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I see all the fuss about 485 retrogression. But say my 485 is approved. what happens after that. is that like getting the green card in hand?

please explain.

TP.

tpass001 said:
Just trying to understand the system guys. No need to get offensive

If your I-485 is approved when visa number is not available then you would have to wait for passport stamping until your PD becomes current. few ppl got interviewed and were asked to wait until visa number becomes available to have GC in hand.

dyingforgc said:
If your I-485 is approved when visa number is not available then you would have to wait for passport stamping until your PD becomes current. few ppl got interviewed and were asked to wait until visa number becomes available to have GC in hand.

Thanks.

What about changing jobs. Could you change jobs without visa issues once your 485 gets approved? Are you still tied to the H1B process?

another good thing about the system is that

if you slept all the way from this christmas and got up on the next one then USCIS Santa delivers the GC himself to you, I am planning to do that, looking for partners though :D

HOW HARD WAS IT TO ANSWER IN A FACTUAL WAY WHEN YOU CAN'T HELP BUT TO BE RUDE? I BET YOU SWEAT IT ALL OUT WHEN YOU WROTE THIS.
I'm sorry, but I just can't help but to react when someone got a simple question [reminder: this is a forum] and one out his/her rudeness just writes something unnecessarily mean.
dyingforgc said: