485 Approval pattern at VSC figured out

duggils1

Registered Users (C)
After doing a detailed ananlysis of the recently approved cases (especially EB3), I think I have figured out VSC's approval pattern- here goes...

if the PD is current and I140 has been approved, they are going by the FP date(FP done date) to approve 485's.
Currently they are working on cases with FP "done date" of 3/17/05 or less. You can also make an argument that they are going by FP "results received" date. But it's the same either way you look at it...

So for those of you whose PD is current and FP was done before 3/17/05, you should have either received your approval by now or got an RFE.
For those with FP done dates between 3/17 and 3/25(I happen to fall into this category) - it could happen any moment folks!!! You may want to rehearse how you want to react upon seeing the approval email ...here're a few sane ideas -

1. clinch your fist and punch the air yelling 'YES...YES' at the same time

2. Start running in slo mo, saying (again in slo mo) 'I....D.....I....D.....I....T'
(this option works better if you have a spouse and can be dramatized even further by lifting the wife up and spinning her in the air...ouch :eek: )

3. (My favourite)Do nothing...just stare at the email...space out...enjoy that feeling of "sweet emptiness"(borrowed this phrase from a fellow poster)

Just PM me if yo need more ideas ;)

Good luck!

duggils1

freewalker said:
It did not apply to my case. :(

My analysis above was meant for EB3 in particular. It may not be accurate for EB2 cases. Sorry if I didn't make it clear in my post.
But freewalker, I think your approval is right around the corner.

Hello duggils1

You forgot to mention a couple of criterias required to clear to approve 1-485 in addition to your pattern you mention above

1. FBI Name check
2. Some background check

isn’t it?

Process to approve I-485s

1. Your PD should be current
2. Your 1-140 has to be approved
3. FP (+Biometrics) completion
4. FBI Name check clear
5. Background check clear
6. Your application receipt date should be current (March 25, 2004 is current now)
7. And finally your 1-485 application has complete docs with out missing any required

Then I-485 will be approved at any time, isn’t it?

Hi

samrg said:
Process to approve I-485s

1. Your PD should be current
2. Your 1-140 has to be approved
3. FP (+Biometrics) completion
4. FBI Name check clear
5. Background check clear
6. Your application receipt date should be current (March 25, 2004 is current now)
7. And finally your 1-485 application has complete docs with out missing any required

Then I-485 will be approved at any time, isn’t it?

Hi

can you tell me " How to check weather name check is done or not "

Adi

tyzh said:
Sweet dream
There is nothing wrong in dreaming...is there?
Here's a quote I read recently- I am paraphrasing "The moment you stop dreaming, you cease to exist as a person".

Duggils1 Theory does work

Duggils1 Theory does work, keep faith everyone, you all will be approved.

Got the golden emails right now, proclaiming that my Visa category has been changed from non-immigrant to IMMIGRANT. Even the dependent case has been cleared.

ND: 05/27/2004
FP: 03/19/2005
FP (LUD): 03/29/2005
485 AD: 04/20/2005

See ya in Citizenship forum in 5 years.....

choudhary said:

Got the golden emails right now, proclaiming that my Visa category has been changed from non-immigrant to IMMIGRANT. Even the dependent case has been cleared.

Great news Choudhary!!!
Congrats and enjoy!!!

BTW - what was your immediate reaction to the news? Would you mind describing your feelings to the board.

duggils1 said:
Great news Choudhary!!!
Congrats and enjoy!!!

BTW - what was your immediate reaction to the news? Would you mind describing your feelings to the board.

I forgot to ask you another thing.
Did you have LUD changes or just the emails?
What time (I need the exact time stamp from the emails) did you receive the emails?

Thanks,
duggils1

Immediate Reaction

duggils1 said:
Great news Choudhary!!!
Congrats and enjoy!!!

Well, it started with utter shock, and I forgot what I had planned to do for the occasion. But eventually I stood up from my chair yelling Yes! Yes! (initially in Fast Forward Mode-FFM) and then continued it in SLOMO accompanied with the mix of I........D...I...D.........I....T. Till the time it started rhyming...

Yes!! Yes!! I........D...I...D.........I....T

choudhary said:
Well, it started with utter shock, and I forgot what I had planned to do for the occasion. But eventually I stood up from my chair yelling Yes! Yes! (initially in Fast Forward Mode-FFM) and then continued it in SLOMO accompanied with the mix of I........D...I...D.........I....T. Till the time it started rhyming...

ROTFLOL :D That was funny dude!!! You did better than I expected...good job!!!
Now please answer my other questions I posted earlier...TIA.

The Exact Timestamp

duggils1 said:
ROTFLOL :D That was funny dude!!! You did better than I expected...good job!!!
Now please answer my other questions I posted earlier...TIA.

Sent: Thu 4/21/2005 1:46 PM
for all of them

I should be next then...

choudhary said:

If this really works then I should be next in line....
PD - OCT 17 2001
ND (I140, I485) - May 20 2004
I140 AD - Somewhere in November
FP - 03/22/05
FP Recd LUD - 03/29/05
I485 AD - ???