485 Approval Notice - Anyone received the hard copy

far23

Registered Users (C)
I am seeing prople who recently got approved, some of them receiving 'Approval Notice' sent email and some of them not.

Those who got 'Approval Notice' sent email, anyone got the approval notice from USCIS by mail.

I got a notice today from INS. I think it should be the welcome notice. When I spoke to my attorney, they told me that they will receive the approval notice. Below are my details.

05/08 - Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident for myself email.
05/08 - Card production ordered for myself, wife and kid email
05/09 - Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident for wife and kid email
05/13 - Approval notice sent for myself, wife and kid email
05/15 - Welcome notice received
Still waiting for the actual cards

Approval notice is nothing the sheet of paper which comes with the Card. It is similar to EAD approval notice.

In my case I just got the approval and am still waiting for the card. My approval mentioned ADIT processing so it's possible that I might have to submit biometrics again.
I got the notice less than a week after approval.
Usually the approval notices are pretty fast, in my observation.

Congrats Kosu!!

Congrats Kosu!!

Congratulations!! It has been a few months since I saw any posts from you.

All four us got the 'Card Production Ordered' e-mails on May 13, 2008 and LUDs also on the same day where it stated that on May 12, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you ....

This morning my spouse and two kids got the 'Approval notice sent' e-mails and the LUDs (05/16/2008) for the three of them also indicate the changed message. However, I did not get either the 'Approval notice sent' e-mails or the LUD on my case. It still shows the 'Card Production Ordered' status.

I am pretty sure the cards for all four us are on their way, but I have experienced an inconsistency from the USCIS in the past with regard to the AP approvals for my spouse and one of my kids where in the LUD still (as of today) shows that the 'Case received and pending' status even though AP was approved and received more than six months back and the approval e-mails were also never sent.

Please keep us informed when your cards arrive and I will do the same.

IE

I got a notice today from INS. I think it should be the welcome notice. When I spoke to my attorney, they told me that they will receive the approval notice. Below are my details.

05/08 - Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident for myself email.
05/08 - Card production ordered for myself, wife and kid email
05/09 - Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident for wife and kid email
05/13 - Approval notice sent for myself, wife and kid email
05/15 - Welcome notice received
Still waiting for the actual cards

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seeing prople who recently got approved, some of them receiving 'Approval Notice' sent email and some of them not.

Those who got 'Approval Notice' sent email, anyone got the approval notice from USCIS by mail.

Yep we recd the approval notice a couple of days after receiving the green card in mail. It looks like any other approval notice e.g. EAD/AP approval notice, etc..

I recieved the 485 Approval notice and today i got the CARD PRODUCTION ORDER e-mail. My wife got this e-amil on 05-08-2008.

See singature for more information.