485 approval letter , passport stamping

harsha_c

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks

I had received an email saying my 485 approval letter was being sent on aug 13 or so. But by august 19th or so I got my green card by post.

However till today, I have not yet received the approval letter, is this a matter of concern?Once I get my green card is the passport stamping phase irrelevant?

My finger printing involved picture, signature etc with code 3

thanks
Harsha

harsha_c said:
Hello Folks

I had received an email saying my 485 approval letter was being sent on aug 13 or so. But by august 19th or so I got my green card by post.

However till today, I have not yet received the approval letter, is this a matter of concern?Once I get my green card is the passport stamping phase irrelevant?

My finger printing involved picture, signature etc with code 3

thanks
Harsha

Do not worry about approval letter,

The letter is temporary proof of the status, however if u have received your Form I-551 (the card) already, you do not need that letter.

If u still have concern and u do want to have it, you may get ur duplicte copy of approval letter by filing I-824.

Good Luck

harsha_c said:
Is passport stamping irrelevant once you receive the card

thanks
Harsha

First Understand what the Stamp is for?

I-551 Stamp on passport is 'Temporary evidence of your Res' till Plastic GC come. if you travel u can use that temp-evidence as alternate of real 'plastic I-551 form' which u already received.

So bottom line is u already have solid permanent proof of your Permanent Resident / 'LPR'.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: