485 approval in person is outside US

RM2002

Registered Users (C)
485 approval if person is outside US

Is it OK if 485 is approved while the person is outside US? My RD is 11/21/01. I need to go to india in February. I am planning on going using AP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not got my approval yet, but I would think you will have few months time to go to local INS office to get your passport stamped.

So unless you are going to INDIA for an extended period, it should be fine.

Someone who has seen an approval letter can confirm this.

I recently got my 485 approval notice. The Approval Notice give you only the local INS office address you need to go along with I-94, passport,ADIT style photos - 2 . It does not mention anything about the date by when you should go,.

Hi RM2002 ....

Originally posted by RM2002
Is it OK if 485 is approved while the person is outside US? My RD is 11/21/01. I need to go to india in February. I am planning on going using AP.

I think no body come across this situation... Me to wanted to relax for some time in india... I am trying job in india for 6 to 12 months.

It's better to ask with attorny...
I have a team of immigration attornies through my company... I am thinking if i ask them they might take things differently. They charge to the company for each and every call.

So i'm waiting and searching for the answer in this immigrationportal.com... I didn't found yet...

If i find from some one, then definitely i will let you know..

But it's hard though.... :(:( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
dude...what are you saying ??

I have no clue what you are talking about. use simple words...explain....please. we are here to help, only if we understand what you want !!

Re: dude...what are you saying ??

Originally posted by shyradish
I have no clue what you are talking about. use simple words...explain....please. we are here to help, only if we understand what you want !!

Yes you are right. Nobody will understand correctly...

Thanks dude.:)