485 approval after local office interview (los angeles) 07/10

freestone

Folks,

We went to LA local office for interview yesterday and got passports stamped. Just want to share our experiences with you.

Case type: EB1A
I140 submitted: 09/2001
I140 Approved: 02/2002
I485 sumitted: 03/2002 WAC-02-147xxxxx
Fingerprint done: end of 04/2002
........ long waiting .........
Transfer to LA office: 04/2003
Interview notice: 06/2003
Interview: 07/10/2003

The interview itself was a quite pleasant experience except the waiting. We went there one hour early; and it started on time.

The lady was very nice. Just ask some very simple questions, like:
what's your name, how do you spell it, time and place of your birth, etc. Pretty much the list on I485. The documents she asked: tax return, W2 forms, and company financial documents (according to my lawyer, which should not be necessay; but I gave her anyhow).

One thing is that they lost our photos, which we didn't prepare. So we have to go to a place in the same building to take photos. That place charged quite expensive. So a piece of advice: bring two photos for your interview.

This site has been very helpful during the long waiting. For most of the time I was just a quiet audience. I may not visit this site after this wekk.

I understand what everyone is going through. Wish good luck to everyone still wating.

freestone,

Congrats! could you explain a bit more on what is "company financial documents ", and how to get it?

Thanks,

-xy

Congratulations!

Why was you called for an interview, any clue ? Also, wac02-147 mean that you are one of the april 485 petitioner then ..

Thanks

1) By "company financial documents ", I mean:
last 3 years of tax return; last 4 quarters of DE-6 forms; just ask company officials?

2) SillyMan, I'm not sure what's ADIT? The photo they need is side-view with one ear visible.

3) Don't know why got an interview. Yeah, this is an april case (02-147xxxx)

there is hope!

... April 485 (02-147) case approved - this must have been taken up out of order... perhaps there is hope for earlier than '04 resolution for wac-02-223-xxxxx....

nice to see an approval though -- congrats:

Status Change for Interview

After the local office sent you an interview notice did your online status change accordingly.

Just curious to know whether local office activities are reflected in the online BCIS case status database.