485 and Travel document.

adis

Registered Users (C)
Please I need your people\'s help. I would be filing for my I-485 this friday March 15th with an approved I-140 petition and I just had an emergency that my attention is needed in two weeks back home. Would my local INS office grant me an emergency travelling documents to go home and come back? Please advise. Thank you all.

Which center?

You need to wait till you receive your I485 receipt notice. And depending on your location you can go directly to an INS office nearby and get the AP on an emergency. But I don\'t think that\'s possible in the bay area.

Re: Which Center

I filed with the Texas center. How many days does it take to receive I485 receipt notice. I would be filing on March 15th 2002.

Do you have a valid visa

In which case you can travel to and back on it without a problem. If you are applying for a AP at the service center explain the situation and request an expedited processing and hope you get it in time. If you plan to do it with the local center you will need the 485 receipt to do so.

Hope this helps

I485 and visa validity

My wife has filed for AOS and she has done her finger printing. She wansts to go to India now (we haven\'t filed AP). Her visa on the passport has expired. But she has the Visa extentsion papers (I797) valid till Aug 2003. Can she revalidate the visa @ madras US consulate ?

Ps: She is till on H4 status..

Thx,
-Sathya